Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Had Invitation to apply for EE, Help!

Had Invitation to apply for EE, Help!

Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Therealmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had Invitation to apply for EE, Help!

Hi folks

My wife and i have went through immigration lawyers brazalot for express entry and permanent residence.
We achieved points and were picked for invitation to apply end of october. We have a few weeks left to submit our final paper work.

It's to help with understanding proof of funds, as our finances were up and down like a rollercoaster in september due to just being married and paying the immigration lawyers + government fees £7.5k+

our bank (BoS) refuse to draft a letter giving average balances (but i've worked out that our average balance from july 17 to january 18) is £3k. The only thing the banks can provide is stamped statements and the summary of accounts.

anywho. we have just over £12k (£3k more than what we need) in our bank right now with a further £15k of assets (vehicles etc) to turn to cash but that wont happen until after the deadline (Feb 15th).

So my worry is -
they get concerned of a spike in income £9k in october which is when we got our ITA, (we sold one of our cars and family members had owed us money to cover the wedding)
The mortgage might affect us (we currently rent out our property) which has about 60k equity if we sold it.

weve put so much money and time into trying for canada, we are so worried about the final hurdle which is proof of funds.

Can anyone help provide more clarification?

Really appreciate it thanks
Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Had Invitation to apply for EE, Help!

sorry just to summarise and add for TLR

current joint acc balance - £12.4k
average 6 monthly balance - £3.1k
Mortgage left to pay - £40k
Value of property - £82k
(we rent out, rent coming in pays off mortgage plus a bit extra)
3 credit cards making monthly payments out of joint account
current credit card debt - £5.4k
£9.1k spike in income showing on statement for october (sold 1 car + received monies owed)

Current assets value to sell before moving to canada (vehicles, electricals etc) between £16k and £20k

edit - PA is my wife, i'm accompanying spouse. CC's are in my name.

Last edited by Therealmccoy; Jan 21st 2018 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Therealmccoy
It's to help with understanding proof of funds, as our finances were up and down like a rollercoaster in september due to just being married and paying the immigration lawyers + government fees £7.5k+
I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything when it comes to Brazolot, but jeez that's a lot of money.

My concern from what you've said is that the amount you have for proof of funds. less your unsecured debts (i.e. credit cards) doesn't give you the amount required in total. Or am I missing something?
Old Jan 21st 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Yeah Brazolot are pretty expensive. To be honest, Canada has been a place weve always wanted to go and the whole brexit situation just happened so we just dug into the idea that canada is where our new married life would be. Brazalot bought into that and basically sold us our dreams lol.

Yes you are right soompa,

Current POF - £12k
current unsecured debt - £5.2k

Assets to be liquidated soon - £16-£20k

Now our summary monthly statements showing average balance and the accounts summary don't detail the transactions. So there is no way you can actually see any proof of credit cards.
Technically its withholding information if i don't provide it. But at the same time the credit cards will be paid off when our assets get sold plus an additional $15k cad+
so its nul in void.

I think I will have to write a letter of explanation for the average balance month spike in october explaining why the balance spiked.

If they aren't happy with that LoE they can request to see individual transactions, then if they want can see credit card payments? Then possibly get rejected because we failed to disclose Credit cards although they would be paid off by the time we got to canada.

so much stress its unbelievable. We thought this would be too good to be true we were finally going to canada... but this tiny thing out of an otherwise great application could ruin everything.

Appreciate any help Soompa.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Current POF - £12k
current unsecured debt - £5.2k

Assets to be liquidated soon - £16-£20k
Your assets won't count towards POF though.

Technically its withholding information if i don't provide it.
It's a bit more than just withholding information, it's misrepresentation, and immigration fraud. Misrepresentation could mean PR being revoked anytime down the line, or even citizenship - totally not worth risking!

so much stress its unbelievable. We thought this would be too good to be true we were finally going to canada... but this tiny thing out of an otherwise great application could ruin everything.

Appreciate any help Soompa.
It's such a shame you hired Brazolot, if you'd done it yourself without spending £6k or so on them you'd have had enough!

Anyway of selling stuff sooner so that you have the funds required?
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

yep I agree.

Due to the severe weather I seriously doubt we'll be able to sell assets quick enough and it will leave us without transport for our existing jobs (but can work around that)
is there no way of extending the ITA 90 day timescale?
what happens if the time lapses and we cant complete final application?

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

yep I agree.

Due to the severe weather I seriously doubt we'll be able to sell assets quick enough and it will leave us without transport for our existing jobs (but can work around that)

Thanks
Then you could submit another application and then hope you still have the points and POF.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

No

They move on to the next one.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Lancastrian, so just the process restarts at the point of submitting the express entry profile.

how long will the e-medical and police reports be valid for? they were done in december
Old Jan 21st 2018, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lancastrian, so just the process restarts at the point of submitting the express entry profile.

how long will the e-medical and police reports be valid for? they were done in december
From the website
Declining an invitation to apply
If you decline an invitation, you'll be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates if you're still eligible. You'll be considered in future rounds of invitations.

In some cases, you may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example:

you may need to get another job offer if you got additional points for a job offer, but the job is no longer available to you
you'll have to update your Express Entry profile if your marital status changed
There is no guarantee that you'll be invited to apply again. However, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation won't have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you don't decline an invitation and you don't apply within 90 days, the invitation will expire. To be considered in future rounds of invitations you'll have to:

complete and submit a new Express Entry profile
meet the eligibility
be accepted to the pool again
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ons-apply.html
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Put the net figure down, (to show you have enough to qualify) although they might check, how will they prove you have credit cards, in my case they only checked that I had the funds on landing, by then I had sold stuff and I had loads in the bank to prove the $ 20k I needed.

Last edited by Yorkiechef; Jan 22nd 2018 at 4:22 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thats what I was thinking Yorkie, because on landing ill have about $32,000 CAD
more than double the limit.

It all comes down to the moral issue, withholding information to get through the process.
Big picture vs little picture.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It all comes down to the moral issue, withholding information to get through the process.
The one thing I will say is 'NEVER LIE TO IMMIGRATION' the consequences could well be dire in the extreme, site rules do not permit advising anyone to do anything illegal. At the end of the day it's totally up to you, but be aware we do have a member of the Canada immigration people as a regular poster.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Put the net figure down, (to show you have enough to qualify) although they might check, how will they prove you have credit cards, in my case they only checked that I had the funds on landing, by then I had sold stuff and I had loads in the bank to prove the $ 20k I needed.
Sorry, but that's advising the OP commits misrepresentation. As above, that would mean that if found out later PR or even citizenship could be revoked.

But you are required to meet the proof of funds requirement *at the time of applying*, not just landing. Sorry, but it's not a 'moral issue', it's immigration fraud if you don't tell the truth as required.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The one thing I will say is 'NEVER LIE TO IMMIGRATION' the consequences could well be dire in the extreme, site rules do not permit advising anyone to do anything illegal. At the end of the day it's totally up to you, but be aware we do have a member of the Canada immigration people as a regular poster.
+1. Actually 3 members (2 of which remain incognito though).
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

+1. Actually 3 members (2 of which remain incognito though).
Oh do please tell I have an idea of who one might be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.