H1B to Canadian Work permit...!

Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:51 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1B to Canadian Work permit...!

It is not what you believe what counts. The job must be specifically in one of those 7 occupations, clearly identified duties in job offer must match duties in NOC description for particular occupation, salary must be within required range and you must have required education and experience credentials, all well documented.

As for your wife - Canada doesn't have enough residencies available for graduates from Canadian medical schools, thus it may be tough to get one for your wife here. As for the recognition - you start your search here:

http://cicic.ca/684/Physicians.canada?prof=3112

http://www.img-canada.ca/en/licensur...ion_2.html#usa

and ask relevant authorities directly.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Great find. Looks like Alberta just stepped up their effort to recruit workers they need. It is a brand new program - not even listed yet on main AINP page here:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...rate/ainp.html

It seems fairly new, not sure why it’s not yet on the AINP front page. Maybe they are trying to keep it a secret. I found it via a blog (sorry don’t remember where).

Now only if they do a similar program for those on the UK work permit, I will get to Alberta in a heartbeat.

Ray
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

madura_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for all of your responses and they have been really helpful in my research to find the possibility of earning a Canadian work permit, while having an H1. All in all, it seems a quite challenging effort to obtain a work permit from H1.

However, I have one more question regarding another possibility of migrating to Canada. Right now, I have filed for Green Card in the USA. It's still in Labor stage (1st stage). I would like to know, what are the issues that may arise, if I file for Canadian PR as well at the same time. Assuming the current situation, I believe I should be able to get the Canadian PR in a year period. However, GC process would take longer than that. Assuming I get my Canadian PR stamped before I receive the GC, will there be any problems, which I have to face from US immigrations in obtaining my GC.

In other words, are there any legal restrictions from either of the countries to obtain GC and PR at the same time?
Appreciate all your support.

Best regards
Mint
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

First make up your mind where you want to live, Canada or US. Then stick to one country.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by madura_g

In other words, are there any legal restrictions from either of the countries to obtain GC and PR at the same time?
Appreciate all your support.

Best regards
Mint
I dont know the answer to your question, but there is a post on trackitt (hope its ok to provide link to it here), where the person's I485 was revoked when coming back to the US after landing in Canada.

http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-f...557139/page/1/

But there are other many posts where people land in Canada and return back to the US without any problems. So I dont know if its a legal requirement or not.

Ray
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

madura_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ray. That forum was really helpful. It seems there is no hard and fast rule mentioning that you are not supposed to have two PRs from two countries. However, there could be a lot of negative repercussions in doing so too.

Hey Andrew, your comments were also really helpful in understanding the matters related to Canadian WP and PR.

Thanks a lot for all of the ppl who contributed with different opinions. These really helped me a lot and appreciate your help.

Best regards
Mint
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:59 am
Just Joined

kim123456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1B AINP

Help! Help! Help!

Can someone post the sample answers for the following questions –
Please request to give descriptive answers. I expect seniors must know as you all have already submitted you AINP files.

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 3) Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 4) Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what types of accommodation are you are seeking?

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 5) Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labor market, cost of living, geography, etc.?