Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

gutted why can we not speak to high commision

gutted why can we not speak to high commision

Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all
Default gutted why can we not speak to high commision

Well after 3 long years we finally saw the last hurdle after being asked for new police checks and our permenant residency fee we sent the police checks and saved for our fee. We sent the police checks back in feb and then received a letter nearly 3 months later saying we need to send the money and new police checks they either dident receive them or lost them like they lost half the paperwork last year and we had to do all over again! we made out a bankers cheque as soon as we could then filled out new police checks and payed £70 again, then patientley waited for them we had a bit of a delay their fault, and now our last date for processing has passed. I have emailed the embassy to let them know everything and to ask for 2 more weeks, when we have been assured they will be here by july 1st (canada day!) 0h the irony! They havent let us know whether we can have more time and I don't know what to do as we can't phone them any help please,
a very stressed Kirsty who just wants to go to Canada xx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: gutted why can we not speak to high commision

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
Well after 3 long years we finally saw the last hurdle after being asked for new police checks and our permenant residency fee we sent the police checks and saved for our fee. We sent the police checks back in feb and then received a letter nearly 3 months later saying we need to send the money and new police checks they either dident receive them or lost them like they lost half the paperwork last year and we had to do all over again! we made out a bankers cheque as soon as we could then filled out new police checks and payed £70 again, then patientley waited for them we had a bit of a delay their fault, and now our last date for processing has passed. I have emailed the embassy to let them know everything and to ask for 2 more weeks, when we have been assured they will be here by july 1st (canada day!) 0h the irony! They havent let us know whether we can have more time and I don't know what to do as we can't phone them any help please,
a very stressed Kirsty who just wants to go to Canada xx
You can send a case specific email. Have a look on the website for the link to this. It worked for us when we needed to chase them up

good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

thank you i'll give it another go xx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you i'll give it another go xx
here's the link
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...contactez.aspx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, I have done it, I did use that route before but it states thet I should have had an automated message within 24 hours and I still haven't so hopefully they will reply to this one.
hears hoping Kirsty.xx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

Hi Kirsty I hope all goes well for you. I just wanted to say that I e-mailed London before and I never received the automated e-mail. However, a few days later I still received an e-mail from an IO! I believe the automated system doesn't always work!

Good luck!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:02 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

You should also send them a fax - the number is on the London website.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

thank you. xx
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Good news I have just had an email back today from the embassy we have been given 30 more days wahey! I am going to post them all tommorow as the police checks arrived too. I can't post today as tommorow is Canada day and they are closed typical! we want to know they have got there so are sending them recorded delivery and want a signiature. who would of thought it would take so long and be such hard work never mind the end is in sight x
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Good news I have just had an email back today from the embassy we have been given 30 more days wahey! I am going to post them all tommorow as the police checks arrived too. I can't post today as tommorow is Canada day and they are closed typical! we want to know they have got there so are sending them recorded delivery and want a signiature. who would of thought it would take so long and be such hard work never mind the end is in sight x
Phewy - though I would really, really, really recommend you send them by courier - a bit more pricey but so worth it when they get them the next day all safe and sound, rather than spending the week worrying whether royal mail will actually ever deliver them :0)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Phewy - though I would really, really, really recommend you send them by courier - a bit more pricey but so worth it when they get them the next day all safe and sound, rather than spending the week worrying whether royal mail will actually ever deliver them :0)
You might be right we've had enough trouble I will get on to a courrier soon as poss thanks for that xx
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:10 pm

You might be right we've had enough trouble I will get on to a courrier soon as poss thanks for that xx
Pleasure - and update us to let us know they got them!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Pleasure - and update us to let us know they got them!
i will thanks for your help it's nice to know that everyone is on here to help and has been through it all themselves xx
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Good news. What a relieve.....

Ray
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic news we got THE letter today asking for passports yeah! so everything went ok at last we have 45 days so photos are geting done tonight and then they are going first thing in the morning! can't wait. Now we have to land before Feb as thats when our medicals run out, can we go on holiday for a week say we are finalizing things and land then. Is this possible. Or will they be expecting us to stay there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.