Wikiposts

Guess what? I've got it

Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Joy Dagher is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Guess what? I've got it

Suddenly and without any previous notice I checked my mail box today to find a letter from Canadian Consulate in Buffalo informing me that my case is completely processed and asking for my passport to be stamped with immigration visa within the coming 30 days. But, to my surprise, the e-CAS is still showing "In Process". So I urge you not to count on these dudes but on Santa who visited me early this year.

Processing Started Dec 4, 2002
AOR Feb 2003
Asking for Medical exam and another set of fingerprints Oct 2003
Asking for some additional documetation March 2004
Deal was done today

I wish all of you the same happy ending and special thanks to Mr. Miller for his quick replies on my questions
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:18 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Guess what? I've got it

Excellent news!

I got my passport request 10 days ago, and e-client is still showing mine to be in progress too. Not that I am too upset by that!

Last edited by Rhodes; Sep 27th 2004 at 11:22 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Arrow Re: Guess what? I've got it

Can you guys please tell your timelines please...
and where did you apply as well.

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Excellent news!

I got my passport request 10 days ago, and e-client is still showing mine to be in progress too. Not that I am too upset by that!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Guess what? I've got it

Congratulatons guys!

Could you please tell me which nationality and which countries
you have lived before..

I have similar timeline, Indian national,
lived in India and US,
and waiting for passport request.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Joy Dagher is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I am Lebanese (Roman Catholic)
wish you the best

Originally Posted by newbee
Congratulatons guys!

Could you please tell me which nationality and which countries
you have lived before..

I have similar timeline, Indian national,
lived in India and US,
and waiting for passport request.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:04 am
Phi
Just Joined

Phi is an unknown quantity at this point

You've got it! Congratulations!!

You checked your mailbox and got the pp request, so I guess it was sent in ordinary mail. Did you also get your personal documents returned at the same time? I mean, the whole application package you sent to the Consulate, i.e. application form, forms for family members, background declarations, appendices, original & copies of documents, etc.

My worry is that the mail delivery system of my apartment block is insecure, and if such detailed personal particulars fall into the hands of some bad elements, then …… As far as possible, I don’t want to change mailing address because this may stir up unnecessary suspicion from the Consulate and may lead to further delay of my case.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:10 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by newbee
Can you guys please tell your timelines please...
and where did you apply as well.
Ours is a spousal application from the UK, as my wife is a Canadian citizen. We're Catholics, too, though I don't think that makes any difference!

Submitted application: late April 2004; Mrs Rhodes aproved as my sponsor in late May; my application started being considered on 7th June; I got the request for my passport on 18th September. I took it to the Canadian High Commission last Thursday (the only day you can deliver it in person) and I shall collect it on Thursday next week (7th October).

Last edited by Rhodes; Sep 28th 2004 at 9:29 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my passport request on September 14 (it was mailed Sep. 7 but I was out of town). Buffalo got my passport on Friday, Sep. 17.

As of today, my e-client still says "in process".

I'm surprised you had to wait 2 weeks for visa when you delivered passport in person. I thought they usually gave it back the same day, or at worst, the next Tuesday or Thursday.

I have heard of people getting passports back in the mail as quickly as a week (if they express-mail both ways). Buffalo says they usually require no more than 15 business days.

I am trying to be patient, since I am definitely past the worst of it.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:36 pm
Once bemused

Originally Posted by MrBosco
I'm surprised you had to wait 2 weeks for visa when you delivered passport in person. I thought they usually gave it back the same day, or at worst, the next Tuesday or Thursday
I guess they want to be fairly certain that they'll have time to process the visas before inviting people back to collect them. And it might well be different in different places.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

vonta is an unknown quantity at this point

My Visa was stamped and returned in a day. The whole process took 3 days (from the day i mailed to i received)

Was pretty fast

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I guess they want to be fairly certain that they'll have time to process the visas before inviting people back to collect them. And it might well be different in different places.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Vonta,

when did you send it in?

Mine arrived in Buffalo on September 17, and they still have not mailed it back (at least according to the tracking number I kept).

I promised myself I wouldn't worry about it until 15 working days had gone by, but I had been hearing reports of faster turnarounds in July and August.

I certainly hope they haven't lost it since I would have a heck of a time replacing it. My US citizenship certificate, which I would need to get another passport if this one were lost, has gone missing. I've applied to replace it, but who knows how long that will take (and it cost $210 for a replacement certificate!!!).

I keep telling myself to be calm....I do have a delivery receipt so I know it arrived there and was signed for.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

vonta is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent it in September only. The only difference was that i sent it to NY CIC office not buffalo.... going by the facts you should not worry... all the best...

Vonta,

when did you send it in?

Mine arrived in Buffalo on September 17, and they still have not mailed it back (at least according to the tracking number I kept).

I promised myself I wouldn't worry about it until 15 working days had gone by, but I had been hearing reports of faster turnarounds in July and August.

I certainly hope they haven't lost it since I would have a heck of a time replacing it. My US citizenship certificate, which I would need to get another passport if this one were lost, has gone missing. I've applied to replace it, but who knows how long that will take (and it cost $210 for a replacement certificate!!!).

I keep telling myself to be calm....I do have a delivery receipt so I know it arrived there and was signed for.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vonta
Sent it in September only. The only difference was that i sent it to NY CIC office not buffalo.... going by the facts you should not worry... all the best...
Thanks, Vonta

I thought NY CIC office was only for temporary Visas. Oh well, I followed instructions that I received and am still within the 15 day timeline, so it is too soon to worry. I'm sure all is well.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vonta

Thanks, Vonta

I thought NY CIC office was only for temporary Visas. Oh well, I followed instructions that I received and am still within the 15 day timeline, so it is too soon to worry. I'm sure all is well.
Your passport goes to the office that processes your applicaton. For example if Buffalo transferred your file to Seattle for interview or processing, then the PP goes to that office.

PMM
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Vonta

Your passport goes to the office that processes your applicaton. For example if Buffalo transferred your file to Seattle for interview or processing, then the PP goes to that office.

PMM
Thank you. I had no interview and sent the passports where instructed (Buffalo). So all I can do now is have patience and wait. If the 15 working days goes by, then I will fax them an inquiry along with a copy of the delivery confirmation. I'm not so much concerned about how long it takes for processing (my medicals don't expire until May) as I am frightened by the prospect of my passport being lost, given that it might take me months to replace it. But that would be very unlucky, and no need for me to be expecting that kind of trouble at this point.

Thanks again for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.