Guarantor really needed

Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

bisdhar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guarantor really needed

The PR application form mentions a guarantor waiver is needed if one doesnt have a guarantor. The guarantor waiver has to be signed off by an accountant, lawyer etc. How does a newcomer just entering the country find either a guarantor or a person willing to certify a gurantee waiver?

Also does a newcomer have to carry any IMM 5401 receipt when entering the country (thats what it seems to indicate on the form)
Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guarantor really needed

What are you talking about???

If you are just landing as a PR then PR Card application will be completed during landing process and no guarantor is required.

Guarantor is only required when you are already a PR and apply for new PR Card (landed before June 2002) or for renewal of PR Card - in both cases applicants are long enough ion Canada to have guarantors.

Originally Posted by bisdhar
The PR application form mentions a guarantor waiver is needed if one doesnt have a guarantor. The guarantor waiver has to be signed off by an accountant, lawyer etc. How does a newcomer just entering the country find either a guarantor or a person willing to certify a gurantee waiver?

Also does a newcomer have to carry any IMM 5401 receipt when entering the country (thats what it seems to indicate on the form)
Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

bisdhar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andrew, see I would never know that by just reading the form. Bless you! We are driving so it will be completed at the US border, I guess.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What are you talking about???

If you are just landing as a PR then PR Card application will be completed during landing process and no guarantor is required.

Guarantor is only required when you are already a PR and apply for new PR Card (landed before June 2002) or for renewal of PR Card - in both cases applicants are long enough ion Canada to have guarantors.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:41 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it will be completed at Canadian port of entry, not on US border.

Originally Posted by bisdhar
Thanks Andrew, see I would never know that by just reading the form. Bless you! We are driving so it will be completed at the US border, I guess.