Gripe for today

Old Nov 14th 2001, 2:57 pm

I can agree more with you. I plan to make it our permanent home in Canada, but things just beyond my control. I plan to go there once I get the gratuity(a big money) from my company in Dec. but the company postpone the plan to next year.
The current 183/365 days rule make some skilled people and business immigrants fail to go there. The business immigrants can not close their companies in 6 months if they are doing well in their home countries. The independent immigrants may quit their jobs as soon as possible, but selling the house is a big problem.The more successful people in their home countries, the more difficule for them to go there in 6 months.
"Immigration policies must also take into account the econnomic interests of the receiving country. Priority should be given to the skilled immigrants who are most likely to make a countribution."(Martin Collacott). But the current 183/365 days rule make Canada the best country for refugees not the skilled immigrants.
I do want to go there and make contruibution instead of using of welfare. I just need more time to pack.

Old Nov 14th 2001, 5:53 pm
Alex Oren

Stuart wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Same chances of these things happening after establishing residency in Canada.

>
    >

There are posts that take more than 2 years to process an application. A lot can
change in that time.

Best regards, Alex.

--
My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots. For replying, remove the
"-decoy" from the address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old Nov 14th 2001, 6:12 pm
Alex Oren

wondering wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You are correct in principle but in practice it is hard to plan ahead when you don't
have a clue how long will the approval of your application take.

It is not uncommon for people to get their visa half a year after applying while
others, applying at the same post, wait a year and a half.

A lot of things can happen while you wait.

Best regards, Alex.

--
My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots. For replying, remove the
"-decoy" from the address. Sorry for the inconvenience.