Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:07 pm

mocol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Me too mocol! Can't wait and it will be a genuine honour.

And I may even get a Maple Leaf tat with the ceremony date under it.....any excuse for a new Tatoo!! )
The only maple leaves round here will be the ones decorating the celebration party we will have.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:13 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

When I got my Citizenship in 1974 there was no ceremony. I just went to the Immigration Office in Brampton, paid $10, swore an Oath and that was it. Enjoy your Ceremony and your life in Canada. It will be 41 years for me next month and I haven't regretted a day of it.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
When I got my Citizenship in 1974 there was no ceremony. I just went to the Immigration Office in Brampton, paid $10, swore an Oath and that was it. Enjoy your Ceremony and your life in Canada. It will be 41 years for me next month and I haven't regretted a day of it.
After hearing very negatives posts about Canada on another thread it is good to hear a positive one and hopefully we can say the same when we have been here 41 years (probably be long dead by then but here's hoping!)
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:40 pm
A Brit where every U live

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mocol
Well we are really looking forward to the day we get to go the ceremony - it will be a memorable day and very important to us. We see it as an honour not a chore.

What is wrong with having your fingerprints taken - makes it sound like you have something to hide!

Yes I have something to hide, two passports and if that was the case I wouldn't have one, you get excited about the ceremony and if I don't care to it is up to me, not you.
And while you are at it you can take my turn on the finger prints.

And also one is going to say what everyone wither others agree with it or not or they just don't like it either. I am short bald and from England I think I have heard most things by now.
and it isn't my intention to P O people just get my impression of things out there is all

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 20th 2010 at 5:45 pm. Reason: Add to post
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:44 pm

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

After hearing very negatives posts about Canada on another thread it is good to hear a positive one and hopefully we can say the same when we have been here 41 years (probably be long dead by then but here's hoping!)

All the Canadian government wants is more chances to get money from you, and if you call this negativity, well knock your self out, and if this forum is just for happy times (I guess you haven't read enough) it isn't going to happen not everyday is a great day.

And also one is going to say what everyone wither others agree with it or not or they just don't like it either. I am short bald and from England I think I have heard most things by now.
and it isn't my intention to P O people just get my impression of things out there is all

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 20th 2010 at 5:44 pm. Reason: Add to post
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:49 pm

The wife and I payed our two hundred dollars and it isn't so much the money (Lord knows it cost enough for her PR status) as being dicked about if they had done it like yours was handled all in one day, I wouldn't be writing this.
And to have it said I have something to hide because I don't like or wouldn't like my finger prints done.........
Maybe I just don't like ink all over my fingers. (I am trying to find away around using two passports when I have the Citizenship card from Canada)
And for the record I am happy for you and happy you are happy here and so am I happy here I think this is the best country in the world, you can be happy some where and not like the way they handle things and that is where I am at the moment.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 20th 2010 at 5:44 pm. Reason: Added to post
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bad1
All the Canadian government wants is more chances to get money from you, and if you call this negativity, well knock your self out, and if this forum is just for happy times (I guess you haven't read enough) it isn't going to happen not everyday is a great day.
Well, have a great day....
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by macadian

I will wither it is ok with you or not.

Thanks for caring enough to say.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 20th 2010 at 5:44 pm. Reason: Add to post
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by macadian
Old Feb 20th 2010, 6:17 pm

Yes I have something to hide, two passports and if that was the case I wouldn't have one, you get excited about the ceremony and if I don't care to it is up to me, not you.
And while you are at it you can take my turn on the finger prints.

Where did that come from - you are really in a bad mood. I said we were looking forward to the ceremeny not that you were wrong in not doing. You're right it is up to you.

Don't understand the bit about two passports or why you should want me to take your turn having fingerprints taken.

Quote - And also one is going to say what everyone wither others agree with it or not or they just don't like it either - unquote. Please translate!

You hadn't p...ed me off in the slightest - why turn so aggressive.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 6:19 pm

Why so grumpy.

Last edited by mocol; Feb 20th 2010 at 6:22 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:14 pm

Where did that come from - you are really in a bad mood. I said we were looking forward to the ceremeny not that you were wrong in not doing. You're right it is up to you.

Don't understand the bit about two passports or why you should want me to take your turn having fingerprints taken.

Quote - And also one is going to say what everyone wither others agree with it or not or they just don't like it either - unquote. Please translate!

You hadn't p...ed me off in the slightest - why turn so aggressive.
I am in a bad mood, true, (Not trying to take it out on you or anyone really on here. I am P O with the system Canadian Government I guess, (Not anyone on here) the bit about finger (And if I had to have it done oh well) prints I still don't understand why one country would be ask to and another not. "I am truly glad I didn't P--ss you off, not trying to accomplish this to any body accurately. sorry if I came across aggressive not my intention at all just trying to put my point across is all, (Not doing it in the best way) it is a feeling that if don't have great news to post it isn't received in the same vane as not so good news, hope that is a little clearer.

I still feel it all should have been done in one day !!!

Including the the Ceremony as well.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 20th 2010 at 8:21 pm. Reason: Add on
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I understand, before 1977 there was only a ceremony for those from non-Commonwealth countries.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:16 pm

I am in a bad mood, true, (Not trying to take it out on you or anyone really on here. I am P O with the system Canadian Government I guess, (Not anyone on here) the bit about finger (And if I had to have it done oh well) prints I still don't understand why one country would be ask to and another not. "I am truly glad I didn't P--ss you off, not trying to accomplish this to any body accurately. sorry if I came across aggressive not my intention at all just trying to put my point across is all, (Not doing it in the best way) it is a feeling that if don't have great news to post it isn't received in the same vane as not so good news, hope that is a little clearer.

I still feel it all should have been done in one day !!!

Including the the Ceremony as well.
Much appreciated - thank you.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:10 am

Much appreciated - thank you.

Very welcome, thanks for understanding as well.

I will I am sure be much better once the Wife is finished with it all.......

All so the country is the best (That include the people) and has some if not the most terrific scenery in the world.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 21st 2010 at 2:16 am. Reason: Add on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.