Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:55 pm
A Brit where every U live

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future
Default Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

Hi I hope you guys/gals can help me with this one.

My Wife has a meeting (She applied for Canadian citizenship) for Notice to Appear-for verification of Identity/documents (In the line it says original documents but in comers it got birth certificate) and I mislaid the original paper (Can't find it any where) work which I think they want us to bring along for the interview, are we hooped???

Please help..............

Richard
Old Feb 8th 2010, 1:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grant of Citizenship (Meaning over 54yrs old)

You may wish to ask the question again. It is unclear what document is missing.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:05 pm

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
You may wish to ask the question again. It is unclear what document is missing.
Thanks JAJ
The Wife's interview is Feb/17
I found the information I required, it was a misunderstanding on my part, I thought we needed curtain paper work, but in retrospect we didn't. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused anyone.

This is a good site and it has helped my Wife and I to get where we are today, (Her Immigration to Canada I mean) keep up the good work, and thanks again for everything.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 8th 2010 at 11:42 pm. Reason: Add to post
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:43 pm

Well today is the day we go for the Wife's interview........

I don't know why I am the nervous one.........
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:58 am

Lets just say it didn't go to plan.............

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 18th 2010 at 3:10 am. Reason: Post changed
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:04 pm

mocol is an unknown quantity at this point

Why?
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by mocol
Why?
Well I was expecting to take the wife for her document interview and that would be it, now we have to go for a ceremony well I won't say what I am thinking.

Does anyone use there English passport with there Canadian citizenship card to go to the states??

They don't finger print you do they? because you use the British passport?
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bad1
Well I was expecting to take the wife for her document interview and that would be it, now we have to go for a ceremony well I won't say what I am thinking.

Does anyone use there English passport with there Canadian citizenship card to go to the states??

Please tell us what you're thinking.

I went to the US as a regular tourist with a British passport and was fingerprinted. Don't know if having a Canadian citizen card in with it would exempt you from that. Wouldn't have thought so as the British passport is the primary entrance document. Why? Is it an issue?
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Everyone goes to a citizenship ceremony.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Please tell us what you're thinking.

I went to the US as a regular tourist with a British passport and was fingerprinted. Don't know if having a Canadian citizen card in with it would exempt you from that. Wouldn't have thought so as the British passport is the primary entrance document. Why? Is it an issue?
Well right know I have both passports, (English/Canadian) at a big cost I might add, I really need only one, when all a passport is, is a document to show where you are Citizen of, not so much where or who you are as a person so a Canadian citizenship card should suffice in that respect and a British passport for the other, and as for the finger printing if I had to I had to, but why the English and not the Canadian that is what I am really asking.

See right know the passport shows I am British the Citizenship card/passport shows I am Canadian if I don't have the Canadian passport I still have my card if I don't have my British passport (Current) what do I have to show I am a citizen of England???
That is why it makes more sense to go the route Canadian citizen card/ English passport.

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 19th 2010 at 12:50 am. Reason: Add to
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Everyone goes to a citizenship ceremony.
It wasn't mentioned is all, I am sure I am looking at it all wrong, So I was under the impression that after this interview it was over, I just don't like taking time of work spending hours down town etc etc.
And on top of that her PR runs out in a couple of months I spoke to the border Immagration/customs officer and he said as long as we showed the letter they sent us if she travels and they can see that the Canadian citizenship is in process it would be ok, (This is when the PR is still valid)

I phone the 1 888 242 2100 number this morning she wanted to get another 50 bucks out of us for a renewal for another PR card when in two or three months we will get a letter with a date for attending the ceremony.
What all happens at this ceremony any how??

Last edited by Bad1; Feb 19th 2010 at 1:14 am. Reason: add to post
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

It wasn't mentioned is all, I am sure I am looking at it all wrong, So I was under the impression that after this interview it was over, I just don't like taking time of work spending hours down town etc etc.

What all happens at this ceremony any how??
If it's anything like the American one you take an oath, pledge allegiance, listen to speeches welcoming you to Canada as a citizen, get a nice certificate and have photos done by the flag.

It's a solemn occasion invented to make new Canadians feel welcome and included.

I know it's a pain what with having to take time off work and going Downtown and all but you're blessed 'Bad1'. You have a wonderful time.

Last edited by PaulOK; Feb 19th 2010 at 1:31 am.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by PaulOK
If it's anything like the American one you take an oath, pledge allegiance, listen to speeches welcoming you to Canada as a citizen, get a nice certificate and have photos done by the flag.

It's a solemn occasion invented to make new Canadians feel welcome and included.

I know it's a pain what with having to take time off work and going Downtown but you're blessed 'Bad1' and you have a wonderful time.
I didn't have to go that route as my Mother was a Canadian and I did it all through paper work, maybe if I did I would be more understanding I guess.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:42 pm

mocol is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we are really looking forward to the day we get to go the ceremony - it will be a memorable day and very important to us. We see it as an honour not a chore.

What is wrong with having your fingerprints taken - makes it sound like you have something to hide!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mocol
Well we are really looking forward to the day we get to go the ceremony - it will be a memorable day and very important to us. We see it as an honour not a chore.
Me too mocol! Can't wait and it will be a genuine honour.

And I may even get a Maple Leaf tat with the ceremony date under it.....any excuse for a new Tatoo!! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.