Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

'Graduating' and from an IEC to a normal work visa

'Graduating' and from an IEC to a normal work visa

Old Aug 18th 2016, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 'Graduating' and from an IEC to a normal work visa

Hi again, I just ran through the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool) tool again and said that I had done an English test.

This left me with a score of 441, much closer to your suggested 450.

Perhaps this is a better way to go about emigrating? After all the IEC pool is closed now until December.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

And after a year of work in Canada - 494
Old Sep 13th 2016, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar question but still not totally sure on the answer still so more annoying questions from me!

We are a couple with a dog, don't have enough points to apply for PR through EE from the UK so am now looking at the IEC for 2 years which will give us enough points to be in with a chance!

Main issues with this are, I still can't find anything on the likelihood of us both getting given an IEC visa (within a similar time frame), and still not sure what would happen at the end of the first 2 years bridging the gap between being able to say we/ I have 2 years work experience within Canada and being issued with the visa.

Currently my understanding is either saving up a lot of money, not working and sitting it out on a visitors visa or returning to the UK until you have a new visa? (2nd one not looking good as an option as too expensive to fly dog home for a long holiday)

Edited to add: Forgot to ask about PNP (BC) Should I get a job for the first 2 years (hopefully!!) would I be able to apply for this or ask employer to do it? Not sure whether they have to apply or just give a job offer! Thanks!

Last edited by ponylife; Sep 13th 2016 at 2:16 pm.