Wikiposts

Got the visa

Old May 18th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

soopergal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got the visa

My passport arrived (via DHL) with shiny new visa in it. Woohoo! I'm really excited. Thanks to all you lovely people who helped along the way. I'm sure you'll get yours soon too. I have a few questions (again)

1. I had to pay 80US$ to DHL because CHC hadn't payed the transportation. Is this normal? I thought all the costs involved are covered with thousand odd $$$ I paid when applying for PR.

2. We were initially going to go settle in Vancouver but due to house of prices and lack of job opportunities there we are thinking of moving to Toronto. In the CORP it says we are to land in Vancouver. Would it be a problem if I arrive in Toronto instead?

Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old May 18th 2007, 3:27 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got the visa

Congratulations!!!!

Originally Posted by soopergal
1. I had to pay 80US$ to DHL because CHC hadn't payed the transportation. Is this normal? I thought all the costs involved are covered with thousand odd $$$ I paid when applying for PR.
Yes, it is normal. Visa post only use standard mail, unless you provide prepaid courier envelope or arrange for it.

2. We were initially going to go settle in Vancouver but due to house of prices and lack of job opportunities there we are thinking of moving to Toronto. In the CORP it says we are to land in Vancouver. Would it be a problem if I arrive in Toronto instead?
No problem as long as Quebec is not involved.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

hi there,
congratulations and dont overdo the celebrations
well done
Paul

My passport arrived (via DHL) with shiny new visa in it. Woohoo! I'm really excited. Thanks to all you lovely people who helped along the way. I'm sure you'll get yours soon too. I have a few questions (again)

Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old May 19th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Many congrats. HAppy celebrating!
Old May 20th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

soopergal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. I'll try not to celebrate too hard

Hope you all hear the good news soon.