Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

GOT IT ! Spouse Sponsorship Timeline for Islamabad, Pakistan

GOT IT ! Spouse Sponsorship Timeline for Islamabad, Pakistan

Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:20 am
Just Joined

beavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking GOT IT ! Spouse Sponsorship Timeline for Islamabad, Pakistan

It's my turn to say GOT IT !!!!!

I sponsored my wife to come to Canada. Case was processed in Islamabad, Pakistan. My timeline is as follows:

Oct 25, 2004 Sponsorship application sent to CPC Mississauga
Nov 24, 2004 Sponsorship application approved & file transferred to ISB
Dec 6, 2004 Islamabad starts processing PR application
Apr 5, 2005 Passport request (No interview, No extra docs requested)
Apr 7, 2005 Passport sent to Islamabad
Apr 15, 2005 Passport received back with visa. All original docs sent with application were returned as well.

So, it took approx. 6 months from the time I originally applied in Canada. Islamabad took 4 months to send PP request, which is good as their average processing time listed on their website is 6 months.

I hope this information help anyone who is planning to or have already applied to sponsor a Spouse.

By the way, don't trust E-Client. it still says started processing application on Dec 6, 2004. No info about medicals. Was never updated. Still not updated LOL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:54 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GOT IT ! Spouse Sponsorship Timeline for Islamabad, Pakistan

Originally Posted by beavis

I sponsored my wife to come to Canada. Case was processed in Islamabad, Pakistan. My timeline is as follows:

Apr 15, 2005 Passport received back with visa. All original docs sent with application were returned as well.

So, it took approx. 6 months from the time I originally applied in Canada. Islamabad took 4 months to send PP request, which is good as their average processing time listed on their website is 6 months.

I hope this information help anyone who is planning to or have already applied to sponsor a Spouse.

By the way, don't trust E-Client. it still says started processing application on Dec 6, 2004. No info about medicals. Was never updated. Still not updated LOL
Congratulations Beavis!

Just out of curiousity, are you a recently landed immigrant? I'm asking because I will be landing soon and then will be looking to get married from back home soon. So I wanted to see how difficult is the process for sponsoring a wife for a recently landed immigrant.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:17 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations beavis!
My e-cas changed last monday (opposite to u, which still says In Process; lol)! I am hoping to get it soon too!
anyways, best wishes for ur life ahead....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:21 am
Just Joined

beavis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MJ23, thanks...

There is no difference in Sponsorship if you are recently landed compared to old landed. The process is exactly the same for Permanent Residents and Citizens.

Answer to you quesiton is no, I am not recently landed.

After you land, obtain a job and then you can sponsor immidiately. Although there are no income requirements to sponsor a spouse, you will have to show proof of some sort of income. That is why get a job, get married and then sponsor.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:30 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Hi MJ23, thanks...

There is no difference in Sponsorship if you are recently landed compared to old landed. The process is exactly the same for Permanent Residents and Citizens.

Answer to you quesiton is no, I am not recently landed.

After you land, obtain a job and then you can sponsor immidiately. Although there are no income requirements to sponsor a spouse, you will have to show proof of some sort of income. That is why get a job, get married and then sponsor.
This is what I also thought, but PMM said that you don't actually have to have a job in order to sponsor your wife as long as you are not on welfare!

Thanks for your reply
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~*~**~CONGRATULATIONS*~**~*~

Is always great and encouraging to read of SUCCESS.....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:14 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

May all your days be happydayz, from here on in...all the best to you both