Wikiposts

GOT IT From Singapore !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 11:20 pm
John Lim

Default GOT IT From Singapore !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi to All,

Very grateful for all the advice everyone provided me. Especially grateful to Andrew
Miller and Jim Humphries. I finally got my Canadian Landing Papers from Singapore.
Will be landing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way it comes in a medium size brown envelope, not a big brown envelope. Below
is my timeline and particulars:

Nationality: Singaporean Chinese, born also in Singapore.

Job: System Integrator (IT)

Applied to Singapore Canadian Embassy: 6th Apr 2001

Recieved my AOR: 27th Apr 2001

Recieved letter telling me that I am schedule for Interview: 3rd June 2001

Received letter requesting for Police CNCC Certs, Assets declaration forms, and
interview date : 28th Jan 2002

Attend Interview on : 27th Feb 2002, was inform on that day that I pass the interview
by the Immigration Officer. There was 2 Immigration officers interviewing me at the
same time. The whole interview took around 10 minutes. The officers were very
friendly. Quesitons ask was why I wanted to go to Canada, and to describe my previous
jobs duties and functionalities.

Received my medical forms on 12th March 2002, only 4 doctors in Singapore certify to
carry out the examinations, costs around $152 SGD per person for the checkup. It
consits of urine, blood tests, height and chest X-Ray and eyesight test. Took around
3 hours to complete.

23rd March 2002, paid the ROLF at the Embassy.

Received Landing Papers in a quite small size brown envelope by registered mail on :
3rd July 2002.

Total processing time is around 1 year 2 months or 14 months in Singapore. By the
way, I heard Singapore now is faster than applying in the States. Don't know if it is
true. That is for you all to find out.

Old Jul 4th 2002, 3:20 pm
Bengoh

Default Re: GOT IT From Singapore !!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! John, I can feel your exuberant mood and hope that we will be
getting ours soon in Singapore too.

[email protected] (John Lim) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi to All,
    >
    > Very grateful for all the advice everyone provided me. Especially grateful to
    > Andrew Miller and Jim Humphries. I finally got my Canadian Landing Papers from
    > Singapore. Will be landing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > By the way it comes in a medium size brown envelope, not a big brown envelope.
    > Below is my timeline and particulars:
    >
    > Nationality: Singaporean Chinese, born also in Singapore.
    >
    > Job: System Integrator (IT)
    >
    > Applied to Singapore Canadian Embassy: 6th Apr 2001
    >
    > Recieved my AOR: 27th Apr 2001
    >
    > Recieved letter telling me that I am schedule for Interview: 3rd June 2001
    >
    > Received letter requesting for Police CNCC Certs, Assets declaration forms, and
    > interview date : 28th Jan 2002
    >
    > Attend Interview on : 27th Feb 2002, was inform on that day that I pass the
    > interview by the Immigration Officer. There was 2 Immigration officers interviewing
    > me at the same time. The whole interview took around 10 minutes. The officers were
    > very friendly. Quesitons ask was why I wanted to go to Canada, and to describe my
    > previous jobs duties and functionalities.
    >
    > Received my medical forms on 12th March 2002, only 4 doctors in Singapore certify
    > to carry out the examinations, costs around $152 SGD per person for the checkup. It
    > consits of urine, blood tests, height and chest X-Ray and eyesight test. Took
    > around 3 hours to complete.
    >
    > 23rd March 2002, paid the ROLF at the Embassy.
    >
    > Received Landing Papers in a quite small size brown envelope by registered mail on
    > : 3rd July 2002.
    >
    > Total processing time is around 1 year 2 months or 14 months in Singapore. By the
    > way, I heard Singapore now is faster than applying in the States. Don't know if it
    > is true. That is for you all to find out.

Old Jul 4th 2002, 8:03 pm
RSK
Forum Regular

RSK is on a distinguished road

Hi

Congrats. I have also applied in Singapore. Can you pls tell us more abt the interview you had.

-How many officers interviewed you.
-Were the officers friendly.
-How long did the interview last
-Did they ask you why you wanted to migrate, if so what was your response.
-Did you have to show bank statements during the interview or any other testimonials.

I would really appreciate if you can answer to the above questions.

Cheers

RSK
Old Jul 8th 2002, 5:20 am
Steven

Hi John,

Congratulations on getting the Landing Papers.

I would like to know more on your personal experience during the application process
in Singapore. Would appreciate you could share and give advice on this matter.

You could e-mail me at [email protected] or Pgr 92830243

Thanks in advance !

John Lim wrote:
    >
    > Hi to All,
    >
    > Very grateful for all the advice everyone provided me. Especially grateful to
    > Andrew Miller and Jim Humphries. I finally got my Canadian Landing Papers from
    > Singapore. Will be landing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > By the way it comes in a medium size brown envelope, not a big brown envelope.
    > Below is my timeline and particulars:
    >
    > Nationality: Singaporean Chinese, born also in Singapore.
    >
    > Job: System Integrator (IT)
    >
    > Applied to Singapore Canadian Embassy: 6th Apr 2001
    >
    > Recieved my AOR: 27th Apr 2001
    >
    > Recieved letter telling me that I am schedule for Interview: 3rd June 2001
    >
    > Received letter requesting for Police CNCC Certs, Assets declaration forms, and
    > interview date : 28th Jan 2002
    >
    > Attend Interview on : 27th Feb 2002, was inform on that day that I pass the
    > interview by the Immigration Officer. There was 2 Immigration officers interviewing
    > me at the same time. The whole interview took around 10 minutes. The officers were
    > very friendly. Quesitons ask was why I wanted to go to Canada, and to describe my
    > previous jobs duties and functionalities.
    >
    > Received my medical forms on 12th March 2002, only 4 doctors in Singapore certify
    > to carry out the examinations, costs around $152 SGD per person for the checkup. It
    > consits of urine, blood tests, height and chest X-Ray and eyesight test. Took
    > around 3 hours to complete.
    >
    > 23rd March 2002, paid the ROLF at the Embassy.
    >
    > Received Landing Papers in a quite small size brown envelope by registered mail on
    > : 3rd July 2002.
    >
    > Total processing time is around 1 year 2 months or 14 months in Singapore. By the
    > way, I heard Singapore now is faster than applying in the States. Don't know if it
    > is true. That is for you all to find out.