Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got It!!!!! (Request for Passports That Is!!!!!)

Got It!!!!! (Request for Passports That Is!!!!!)

Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

corn2can is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Got It!!!!! (Request for Passports That Is!!!!!)

Hi to everyone who has replied to my threads (few and far between!) since we originally applied for a Skilled Visa back in 2005.

The good news is that we have finally been sent the request for passports so that our 'permanent resident visa's' (that sounds so goood, I just have to put it in italics!) can now be issued.

After over two years of being 'in limbo' and alternating between the highs and lows that are all to do with being at the mercy of an unknown immigration official we can finally make some long term plans and re-gain control of our destiny once more.

With regard to the process and dealing with CIC London, all I can say is that from my personal experience, and bearing in mind the sheer volume of applications being processed there (will the last person to leave the country please turn off the light!!), the experience has in retrospect been relatively painless. In fact having to deal with some government officials and depts (inland revenue you know who you are!!) in this country has been like pulling teeth in comparison.

Thank to everyone who has offered advice and assistance during the process and please keep an eye on future postings for an update.

Best regards,
The Fletcher family.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got It!!!!! (Request for Passports That Is!!!!!)

Originally Posted by corn2can
Hi to everyone who has replied to my threads (few and far between!) since we originally applied for a Skilled Visa back in 2005.

The good news is that we have finally been sent the request for passports so that our 'permanent resident visa's' (that sounds so goood, I just have to put it in italics!) can now be issued.

After over two years of being 'in limbo' and alternating between the highs and lows that are all to do with being at the mercy of an unknown immigration official we can finally make some long term plans and re-gain control of our destiny once more.

With regard to the process and dealing with CIC London, all I can say is that from my personal experience, and bearing in mind the sheer volume of applications being processed there (will the last person to leave the country please turn off the light!!), the experience has in retrospect been relatively painless. In fact having to deal with some government officials and depts (inland revenue you know who you are!!) in this country has been like pulling teeth in comparison.

Thank to everyone who has offered advice and assistance during the process and please keep an eye on future postings for an update.

Best regards,
The Fletcher family.
Congrats!!!!Feels great doesn't it!!!

I received my PPR on tuesday...I bet you guys can't wait to leave?!I'm from Plymouth and leaving was the best thing I have ever done!

All the best and congrats again!!! C E L E B R A T E!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Yay!!!

Congrats.

Zoe M. x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one - congrats and good luck with the move.

Rob.