Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got Rejection letter need Urget Advise please?

Got Rejection letter need Urget Advise please?

Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:12 am
Just Joined

heart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Rejection letter need Urget Advise please?

Hi my friend got rejection letter today stating that his exp. doesn't eligible in 38 occupation list eventhough he applied in April 2007 and he got AOR in June 2007 and also HE GOT REFUND OF HIS FEE, so I am surprised with this decision of canada high commission london office. And If I want to appeal against this decision than can I do it or not? please help me with this prob.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Rejection letter need Urget Advise please?

Originally Posted by heart
Hi my friend got rejection letter today stating that his exp. doesn't eligible in 38 occupation list eventhough he applied in April 2007 and he got AOR in June 2007 and also HE GOT REFUND OF HIS FEE, so I am surprised with this decision of canada high commission london office. And If I want to appeal against this decision than can I do it or not? please help me with this prob.
Is this for you, or your friend? I'm confused by what you've written above. If your friend, then please ask him/her to come and post the details so that we can get them first hand.

If it's for you, then what exactly does the rejection letter say? Can you copy type what it says (obviously leaving out any personal info).

Sorry to hear this but hopefully it's just an error on CIC's part.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

Why do you want to appeal? Its up to your friend to appeal...that is if there are grounds for appeal

Last edited by Northernlass1; Jan 7th 2010 at 12:23 am. Reason: update
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
It is not clear from your post if it is you....or your friend who has been refused. If you, then you could appeal....if your friend...then he must appeal. Unless of course you are acting on his behalf?

If you / he applied before 28th February 2008, which it seems you did....then I do not understand why it was refused unless the experience claimed did not match the NOC code you gave.

This is a job for an Immigration Lawyer and you/ he should speak with one as a matter of urgency. You only have 60 days if outside Canada to appeal by means of a Judicial Review through The Federal Court of Canada, and it will cost. I will PM you details of our Lawyer in Toronto....he does give limited free advice, you would need to contact him direct.
Hope this helps
Stef

Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

If true then a lot of us are stuffed!

I can't see how it is a problem and what grounds CHC have for refusal. This is taken from the "other requirements" section of the following immigration lawyer's website: http://www.matthewjeffery.com/skille...migration.html

Other Requirements

In addition to meeting the pass mark of 67 points, in order to qualify a Skilled Worker an applicant must meet one of the three following criteria:

have an offer of arranged employment (1); or have lived legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or international student (2); or have at least one year of full time experience in one or more of the following 38 high-demand occupations(3):

{list of the 38}

New Federal Skilled Worker applications received after February 27, 2008 that do not meet the eligibility criteria outlined above will not be processed, and the application fee will be fully refunded.

As you/your friend applied in 2007 then your applicability re: "The List" shouldn't be a problem. Seems like an error.

Last edited by PaulOK; Jan 7th 2010 at 2:31 am.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:13 am
Just Joined

heart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is this for you, or your friend? I'm confused by what you've written above. If your friend, then please ask him/her to come and post the details so that we can get them first hand.

If it's for you, then what exactly does the rejection letter say? Can you copy type what it says (obviously leaving out any personal info).

Sorry to hear this but hopefully it's just an error on CIC's part.
Hi,

I am typing contents of rejection letter:

YOU HAVE INDICATED THAT YOU HAVE WORK EXP. IN AN OCCUPATION WITH AN ACCOUNTANT NOC CODE 1111.

ALTHOUGH NOC CODE CORROSPONDS THE OCCUPATION SPECIFIED THE INSTUCTIONS, THE MAIN DUTIES THAT YOU LISTED DON'T INDICATE THAT YOU PERFORMED ALL THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF MAIN DUTIES, AS SET OUT IN THE OCCUPATIONAL DESCRIPTION OF THE NOC. I AM THEREFOR NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU ARE AN ACCOUNTANT.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:20 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I AM THEREFOR NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU ARE AN ACCOUNTANT.
That's a bit personal isn't it?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:40 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

You, or your friend as we're still not sure, claimed points for being an accountant but their job duties don't match those of an accountant. Seems pretty straightforward to me. You should ensure your job matches the duties in your NOC as closely as possible. You can't just say you're an accountant if your actual job experience doesn't match it.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
That's a bit personal isn't it?
Think for NOC 111 you have to have a professional designation like CIMA, ACA - so if there isnt a professional and member number on the form then I think that is what they are unsure about
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

I think the OP is talking about himself, based on other posts by him, I am not sure why he lied and said there is a friend involved.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Think for NOC 111 you have to have a professional designation like CIMA, ACA - so if there isnt a professional and member number on the form then I think that is what they are unsure about
Do you know if part qualified counts?

Thanks!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:42 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by act1980

Thanks!
Hi,

I applied under that noc code and although it did take a lot longer than the average response, I received a favourable one.

I had to get a letter to prove I did a 2 year apprenticeship with HNC straight from school to get enough education points, only part qualified CIMA but I think the 15 years varied experience from audit, oil industry and banking maybe just scraped me through, I did think I was going to receive a rejection to be honest because it seemed too close to call and the wait was painful to say the least.

I think they take into account everything, so even if your only part qualified the experience is critical to the review.

all the best
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think the same thing.....and maybe if the OP needs to tell lies, he should not ask the question. This has led to confusion for all as to the OPs relationship with the friend and he has failed to answer this direct question several times in the post.

We all try to offer advice to someone's questions, but it makes it doubly hard if all of us have to keep giving two sets of advice along the lines of
If it is you we would advise......
If it is your friend...he needs to do it himself.
Gets annoying
Sorry, but that is how I feel
Stef

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
I think the OP is talking about himself, based on other posts by him, I am not sure why he lied and said there is a friend involved.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980

Thanks!
If you can prove your competence in the actual job role that is on Service Canada under the NOC code you shoule be ok - but please beware I am 99% certain that one of the Accountant Noc's is in fact for Professional Designations
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Yes, I think the same thing.....and maybe if the OP needs to tell lies, he should not ask the question. This has led to confusion for all as to the OPs relationship with the friend and he has failed to answer this direct question several times in the post.

We all try to offer advice to someone's questions, but it makes it doubly hard if all of us have to keep giving two sets of advice along the lines of
If it is you we would advise......
If it is your friend...he needs to do it himself.
Gets annoying
Sorry, but that is how I feel
Stef
Yeah, my feelings too, the whole situation seems a bit odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.