Wikiposts

Got it question.. :)

Old Jun 27th 2001, 1:29 am
SB2001

Hi,

I hav'vt actually got the big brown cover, but my file is complete, and the lady at
the call center said that my case was approved, and closed. She said that the papers
are scheduled to be printed, and mailed out, and that it should take 1 to 2 weeks for
me to get this.

Question: can I safely assume I "got it" and start making decisions on moving to
Canada? I called them twice to confirm that it was approved.

I will post another official got it post when I actually get it.

Thanks,

Shibu.

Old Jun 27th 2001, 2:42 am
NewsUser

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Wait before you get your papers, that's what I would advice. We all want things in
black and white, don't we? But you can always make some preparations on moving.

Old Jun 27th 2001, 4:08 pm
Keith

What "call center" were you contacting that you got to speak with a human being??
What is the telephone number to that call center?? I would like to follow up on my
file; having completed medicals and ROLF a month back...

Please reply with the number.

Keith

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 27th 2001, 4:13 pm
Keith

What "call center" were you contacting that you got to speak with a human being??
What is the telephone number to that call center?? I would like to follow up on my
file; having completed medicals and ROLF a month back...

Please reply with the number.

Keith

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 28th 2001, 5:25 am
SB2001

Hi,

Do you have your case filed with the Buffalo, NY office? If so, in their letters,
look at the bottom footer to find the 1800 number. When you dial this number, press 0
to connect to the operator. The person who picks up the phone will have access to
your record via a computer terminal. They will ask for some info like name, date of
birth, address etc. You can then as about the status of your case.

I dont have the number with me ( i am at work ). i will post the 1800 number when I
get home. If you need to get in touch with me, email me at [email protected]
(remove ).

Thanks,

Shibu

"Keith" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I hav'vt actually got the big brown cover, but my file is complete, and the lady[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > at the call center said that my case was approved, and closed. She said that the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > papers are scheduled to be printed, and mailed out, and that it should take 1 to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2 weeks for me to get this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Question: can I safely assume I "got it" and start making decisions on moving to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canada? I called them twice to confirm that it was approved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I will post another official got it post when I actually get it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Shibu.[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 28th 2001, 6:25 am
Steve

Hi.

Here's the call center information, taken from the Buffalo Consultate's website:

How to Contact the Regional Programme Centre

PHONE:

Effective Tuesday, 19 December 2000 if you are resident in the USA or Canada , you
are invited to call toll free for general immigration information or specific
information regarding the status of your file in process at our office.

You may call between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday
through Friday. The number is 800 992 7037.

If you are outside the USA or Canada and you need to contact the Regional Programme
Centre regarding the processing of your application for permanent residence you must
send a letter or fax.

MAILING ADDRESS:

Canadian Consulate General Immigration Regional Programme Centre 3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York 14203-2884 U.S.A.

Fax Number : (716) 858 9591

EMAIL:

We do not respond to general inquiries by email. Due to Canada's stringent privacy
legislation, responses containing specific case status information cannot be sent via
the Internet.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 28th 2001, 7:07 am
Keith

How very cool!!

I phoned the call center, and they were very polite about checking the status of my
file for me. I thought that this was taboo, and have resisted making the call...
However, after reading your post, I caved in and called.

By the way... I GOT IT!!! They informed me that the papers had been mailed on June
26th and should be arriving any day now (I included a pre-paid USPS Priority Mail
envelope with my ROLF). Now it waiting time... time to bug the mailman!

Keith

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > What "call center" were you contacting that you got to speak with a[/usenetquote2]
human
[usenetquote2]> > being?? What is the telephone number to that call center?? I would[/usenetquote2]
like to
[usenetquote2]> > follow up on my file; having completed medicals and ROLF a month back...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Please reply with the number.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Keith[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 28th 2001, 10:40 am
SB2001

number is 1 800 992 7037

shibu.

[email protected] (SB2001)
[usenetquote2]> > What "call center" were you contacting that you got to speak with a human being??[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What is the telephone number to that call center?? I would like to follow up on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my file; having completed medicals and ROLF a month back...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Please reply with the number.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Keith[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I hav'vt actually got the big brown cover, but my file is complete, and the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > lady at the call center said that my case was approved, and closed. She said[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > that the papers are scheduled to be printed, and mailed out, and that it should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > take 1 to 2 weeks for me to get this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Question: can I safely assume I "got it" and start making decisions on moving[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to Canada? I called them twice to confirm that it was approved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I will post another official got it post when I actually get it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Shibu.[/usenetquote2]