GOT PR TODAY INLAND

Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default GOT PR TODAY INLAND

I finally went and landed inland today at the local CIC office.
Only took 9 months.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOT PR TODAY INLAND

Congratulations, that's good news. How long did it take at the CIC office?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

Went there took about 15 mins, the lady there was very helpful.
Only issue is I don't have a stamp in my passport because it was inland and have to wait for my PR Card before I can obtain a proper SIN.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rixy
Went there took about 15 mins, the lady there was very helpful.
Only issue is I don't have a stamp in my passport because it was inland and have to wait for my PR Card before I can obtain a proper SIN.
I'm sure i read of someone else on here who did in-Canada landing, but went and got their SIN number the same day. Did the lady at CIC say that you can't apply for a SIN no. until your PR Card comes through?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

THe lady said and I also tried it.. no go till they see a stamp or counter foil.
Oh well, I've been working on a temp sin for a while now and I'm a PR now
It can wait a few weeks
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

THe lady said and I also tried it.. no go till they see a stamp or counter foil.
Oh well, I've been working on a temp sin for a while now and I'm a PR now
It can wait a few weeks
We're hoping to land at our local CIC office, and I don't currently have a SIN but will need one straight away to start my new job. Does that mean we'll have to flagpole instead? The Operational Bulletin doesn't mention problems with obtaining SIN.

Out of interest, which CIC office did you land at?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Alistayr is an unknown quantity at this point

Rixy - did you apply with in-canada family class PR ?

I applied for in-canada PR via my canadian wife in June of 2007, received a letter in Nov 2007 saying I had been accepted, and had to wait on my local CIC ofice to contact me (guessing that is Calgary) but not heard anything since.

My work permit was renewed in June 2008 as Open to any employer, so I know CIC knows I have a PR application in, but surprised not heard anything in nearly a yaer now to get the PR card etc etc..
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alistayr
Rixy - did you apply with in-canada family class PR ?

I applied for in-canada PR via my canadian wife in June of 2007, received a letter in Nov 2007 saying I had been accepted, and had to wait on my local CIC ofice to contact me (guessing that is Calgary) but not heard anything since.

My work permit was renewed in June 2008 as Open to any employer, so I know CIC knows I have a PR application in, but surprised not heard anything in nearly a yaer now to get the PR card etc etc..
Inland spousal application took 17 months (from when application was submitted - 15 months of actual processing) for me!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Little D, i dont think you get a choice to do flagpole if you apply inland and I landed at the St. john's office.

Alistayr, I did apply inland under family class spousal sponsor PR
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Little D, i dont think you get a choice to do flagpole if you apply inland and I landed at the St. john's office.

Alistayr, I did apply inland under family class spousal sponsor PR
We applied through skilled worker to London (since changed to PNP), but are currently in Canada on my fiance's work permit. I'm here as a visitor so have no SIN yet.

According to the operational bulletin, we should be able to land at the local office, but if that is going to affect me being able to get my SIN immediately, we will need to drive down to the border. Seems a bit odd though.

I need my SIN asap as I'm going in to sign my job offer tomorrow. Hope the passports are back by then!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Little D
We applied through skilled worker to London (since changed to PNP), but are currently in Canada on my fiance's work permit. I'm here as a visitor so have no SIN yet.

According to the operational bulletin, we should be able to land at the local office, but if that is going to affect me being able to get my SIN immediately, we will need to drive down to the border. Seems a bit odd though.

I need my SIN asap as I'm going in to sign my job offer tomorrow. Hope the passports are back by then!
I was thinking that you should probably give the CIC call centre a call and ask them. They are really quite helpful, and they will be able to tell you if need to flagpole or land at a local CIC office in order to get your SIN number asap. They might even know of another solution to the problem.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiton6
I was thinking that you should probably give the CIC call centre a call and ask them. They are really quite helpful, and they will be able to tell you if need to flagpole or land at a local CIC office in order to get your SIN number asap. They might even know of another solution to the problem.
Thanks Kiton6.

I gave them a call, and they said that as long as I have the COPR and the Visa counterfoil (sticker) in my passport, I will be able to get my SIN without waiting for the PR Card.

Now I just need to see what's in my passport when it gets here......didn't arrive in the mail today!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Little D
Thanks Kiton6.

I gave them a call, and they said that as long as I have the COPR and the Visa counterfoil (sticker) in my passport, I will be able to get my SIN without waiting for the PR Card.

Now I just need to see what's in my passport when it gets here......didn't arrive in the mail today!
congrats,