Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got Passport Request! And landing question...

Got Passport Request! And landing question...

Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:46 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Talking Got Passport Request! And landing question...

Hi All,
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have helped giving and sharing advice the past few years, what with all the researching, worries, questions and what not!
We got the letter asking for my boyfriend's passport (he is Dutch, I am Canadian) so I guess we can cheer, even though it is a bit premature. but still!
So, not sure how timelines work regarding this but if we do get the BIG YES by the end of 2006, we are still planning on leaving end of January 2007; my boyfriend's physical was dated the end of Feb 2006, so its true we have 1 year to land after that, am I correct in thinking this?
Thanks all! We shall celebrate this weekend and of course congrats to all who also have received theirs and good luck to all those waiting!
Fluffy Boogie
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Got Passport Request! And landing question...

The fact that your boyfriend has received his passport request means that they have already said YES. The passport request is so they can insert his visa into his passport.

Yes, the maximum validity of his visa will be 12 months from the date he took his medical.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:19 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Got Passport Request! And landing question...

Do you know its so bizzare to have to come to terms with the fact that all the sweat blood and tears have finally compiled themselves in to a YES?? I am still numb! Can't belive it really. Maybe a good night of booze and ciggies will get me going!
Thanks, Fluffy

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
The fact that your boyfriend has received his passport request means that they have already said YES. The passport request is so they can insert his visa into his passport.

Yes, the maximum validity of his visa will be 12 months from the date he took his medical.