Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got Passport request but need extension for newborn

Wikiposts

Got Passport request but need extension for newborn

Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:02 am
Just Joined

DDay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Passport request but need extension for newborn

I am so happy today. Opened my mailbox and saw this letter from the Canadian high comm. Could not believe my eyes when I realised it was the passport request wow...

I could not control myself... had to call my wife while jumping around

But now I have to question to ask you guys. I did my medical last Nov while my newborn & wife just cleared theirs last week (Thats why I could not believe that I will get the passport request this soon). This means the validity of the whole family is until Nov this year.

Do you think I could get the CHC to extend my newborn son's visa as he just cleared hi last week and we figure it might not be suitable to bring him along until we could sort out the basic stuff like accomodation, work etc...

Any advise/ comment welcome

Now I need some drinks
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:06 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Passport request but need extension for newborn

Your visas will be valid until November and there is no possibility of extending them beyond that date. It will turn out to be a pain and inconvenient if you do not land him by then as you would have to sponsor him for PR and pay additional fees etc to do so, not to mention the documentation and form filling!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. I sort of guess that but is still hoping for the best. I will still try my luck and talk to the officers there when I submit my passport for visa. Cheers.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:32 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Congratulations... it must feel so goooood!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:43 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Well done!!!!!

Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone. It does feel good . I am still basking with joy now . However, the feeling is also getting stronger. Admittedly, I still need to do more research and ton of work before landing. Hope to hear good news from you guys too