Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got P. REQ. Will they stamp the same day?

Wikiposts

Got P. REQ. Will they stamp the same day?

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

yogi799 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got P. REQ. Will they stamp the same day?

Hi Everyone including our great Experts!

Got a very urgent question to those of you who know something about passport stamping (with visa). I just received passport request and I wanted to deliver them in person. MY papers from CIC say passport are stamped on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they " will make every effort to return them the same day between 1 and 3pm ". On this forum ,however, some people said that they are never returned the same day. Which is true ? What is your experience? Thanks!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 7:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got P. REQ. Will they stamp the same day?

Hi Yogi

Originally posted by yogi799

Got a very urgent question to those of you who know something about passport stamping (with visa). I just received passport request and I wanted to deliver them in person. MY papers from CIC say passport are stamped on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they " will make every effort to return them the same day between 1 and 3pm ". On this forum ,however, some people said that they are never returned the same day. Which is true ? What is your experience? Thanks!!!
Some posts have said that they were there (Buffalo) at opening 10:30am and got it back that day, others have said that they had to come back either the Thurs or the following Tues. So I guess you take your chances.

PMM
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Yogi

Some posts have said that they were there (Buffalo) at opening 10:30am and got it back that day, others have said that they had to come back either the Thurs or the following Tues. So I guess you take your chances.

PMM

Thanks PMM. I would be flying and staying in the hotel (and taking off work) so I guess I will take my REAL chances...
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

try to reach early may be you get it the same day. As some people said and got it the same day.
goodluck
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Yogi, I tried to check your timeline in Yogi but I could not recognized your name...may I ask you two questions???...where are you from?, and when did you have medical exams done??...thanks.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tsananez
Yogi, I tried to check your timeline in Yogi but I could not recognized your name...may I ask you two questions???...where are you from?, and when did you have medical exams done??...thanks.

My timeline is under "Me". I updated it immediately.

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Thanks PMM. I would be flying and staying in the hotel (and taking off work) so I guess I will take my REAL chances...
This is a ridiculous expense if you ask me. Flying hotel, losing work. All can be done at the expense of 26 dollars for express mail and a return envelope. I understand your concern, but it's just not worth it, and you can spend that money so much better when you get to Canada!

Cheers,
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by prodigyking
This is a ridiculous expense if you ask me. Flying hotel, losing work. All can be done at the expense of 26 dollars for express mail and a return envelope. I understand your concern, but it's just not worth it, and you can spend that money so much better when you get to Canada!

Cheers,

I hear you, in a way, but then... there is another side to each coin. Can you imagine replacement cost of the passports and the incredible amount of stress a loss of passport would cause? I don't think $400 is worth the risk. Plus, I've read posts from tons of people pulling their hair out wondering why they still didn't get passports back even though they sent them almost a month ago....
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:50 am
Just Joined

sanrup is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yogi,

Do not know about BUFFALO, but CIC NY delivers the PP same day.