Got my visa, but...

Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:52 am
Just Joined

ksingh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Got my visa, but...

A week and a half ago I learned through my 'imm. company' that my visa had arrived at ther head office. But two days later they informed me that they had to send back my visa as the PP no. on the Visa was not right. Subsequently I also checked my e-cas status and it indeed showed change of status.

Now assuming the 'imm. company' is telling truth, my question is
a) Will the old visa be crossed on the PP and a new one will be issued. Or
b) Visa office will make the change on the existing visa and undersign it.
c) How much time this kind of change takes?

On psychological terms its a see-saw for me. From total elation to total confusion and frustration. Don't know whom to blame.

Bye

KS

Last edited by ksingh; Feb 4th 2006 at 2:39 am.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:27 am
:-)

Phaedrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got my visa, but...

Originally Posted by ksingh
a) Yes, the existing visa will be cancelled "without prejudice" and a new one issued with the correct details.
b) See a) above.
c) When the same thing happened with my visa, it took them about 45 minutes to complete the whole process. But this was in NYC and I had gone in person. Not knowing which consultate your stamping is at, it's difficult for me to answer this. However, I was told that they had to cancel the original visa in the system (computer record), before they could cancel the physical visa on my passport. So I guess, if your visa is not being stamped in person, it might take a few days for them to turn it around.

Hang on there... you've made it! It's a minor thing. The new visas will be with you soon.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Phaedrus
a) Yes, the existing visa will be cancelled "without prejudice" and a new one issued with the correct details.
b) See a) above.
c) When the same thing happened with my visa, it took them about 45 minutes to complete the whole process. But this was in NYC and I had gone in person. Not knowing which consultate your stamping is at, it's difficult for me to answer this. However, I was told that they had to cancel the original visa in the system (computer record), before they could cancel the physical visa on my passport. So I guess, if your visa is not being stamped in person, it might take a few days for them to turn it around.

Hang on there... you've made it! It's a minor thing. The new visas will be with you soon.
Relieved to hear this. I think its now only matter of time till I have Visa in my hand.

Bye

KS
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:14 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

A week and a half ago I learned through my 'imm. company' that my visa had arrived at ther head office. But two days later they informed me that they had to send back my visa as the PP no. on the Visa was not right. Subsequently I also checked my e-cas status and it indeed showed change of status.

Now assuming the 'imm. company' is telling truth, my question is

On psychological terms its a see-saw for me. From total elation to total confusion and frustration. Don't know whom to blame.

Bye

KS
Honestly your "imm company" shouldnt have sent it back at the first place! Little errors like this dont matter at all and can be fixed at the Port of Entry. I think your "imm company" seems to be over-cautious..!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amancharan
Honestly your "imm company" shouldnt have sent it back at the first place! Little errors like this dont matter at all and can be fixed at the Port of Entry. I think your "imm company" seems to be over-cautious..!!
Assuming if they had given me that Visa, that too would have put me in a great deal of doubt as to how to proceed with it. I think no one can tell with authority as to how an Immigration Officer at port of entry would treat this case. 99% of the time it may pass as minor thing, but if you get a very 'by the rules' officer, it would be totally a different thing.

Kirti
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

I am so fed up and frustrated with this mess

a) Its been 18 days since the faulty Visa was sent to Can. Embassy at N. Delhi. How much time does it take to do a simple correction? Pretty lousy reponse time considering they had to correct on an already granted Visa and if say my meds. were to expire in March (actually they expire in August), I would have been in a very tight spot.
b) Whole process took 6 yrs for me. 1st rule change made me in-eligible, the I got on without Canada anywhere in my mind. 2nd rule change made be elegible. In prepration for Canada I wasted most rewarding years of life. I could have done an MCA or MA, but since I applied, I had to continue with the current job. Also I wanted to get married last year, but had to shunt that idea because of imm. programme.
c) Since I am from India and the way Indian economy is going ahead in last 5-6 yrs, I am sure in another 10-15 yrs it will be as strong and rich as Canadian economy if not better. Though quality of life is still an issue.

What I have concluded from imm. mess is that its best to get a business/work permit to go to a country. Why waste 4-5 yrs (for Indian applicants, 3-4 for UK. Right?) of your life on something with a begging bowl not knowing what comes at last (remember retroactivity).

Enough of my rants. Now I have a question for experts. Will the cancellation of 'faulty visa' on my passport effect my chances to procure tourist/business visa for other countries.

Bye

KS
Old Feb 10th 2006, 8:10 pm
:-)

Phaedrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the cancellation of 'faulty visa' on my passport effect my chances to procure tourist/business visa for other countries.

KS
Nope... I don't think so, since the visa is cancelled "without prejudice".