Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got my PR & SIN Cards ... Yohooooooooooo!!

Got my PR & SIN Cards ... Yohooooooooooo!!

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Got my PR & SIN Cards ... Yohooooooooooo!!

Friends,
Just received FedEx envelope and I finally have my PR and SIN Cards with me. Its official now Looking forward to permanently move to Canada by the end of this year. A long journey that I started back in Nov 03 is over now, I want to thank everybody for such wonderful help and support. Special Thanks and Salute goes to Mr. Andrew Miller.

Few observations:
1) FedEx envelope has a yellow tape stating 'Opened for US Customs' and looks like they also opened PR and SIN Card envelops to see whats inside. Is it normal? I hope it won’t have any negative impact. I guess as long as its not objected by Canadian Customs it just doesn’t matter, right?

2) Landing process was completed on 28th July 2005 but PR Card's expiry date is 21st August 2010. It should have been 28th July 2010. Does that mean, my 5-year clock started ticking on 21st August and not on 28th July? Not a concern, just getting curious.

Best Regards,
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got my PR & SIN Cards ... Yohooooooooooo!!

[QUOTE=orazone]Friends,
Just received FedEx envelope and I finally have my PR and SIN Cards with me. Its official now Looking forward to permanently move to Canada by the end of this year. A long journey that I started back in Nov 03 is over now, I want to thank everybody for such wonderful help and support. Special Thanks and Salute goes to Mr. Andrew Miller.

Few observations:
1) FedEx envelope has a yellow tape stating 'Opened for US Customs' and looks like they also opened PR and SIN Card envelops to see whats inside. Is it normal? I hope it won’t have any negative impact. I guess as long as its not objected by Canadian Customs it just doesn’t matter, right?

2) Landing process was completed on 28th July 2005 but PR Card's expiry date is 21st August 2010. It should have been 28th July 2010. Does that mean, my 5-year clock started ticking on 21st August and not on 28th July? Not a concern, just getting curious.

how wonderful and thanks for the additional info
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:53 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orazone
Friends,

Few observations:

Best Regards,
Thats great orazone!!
Its official now....
congrats and good luck for the future
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 6:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Nothing to worry

2) Validity of PR card has nothing to do with residency obligations.

Your first 5 years period started on the day you landed as a PR.

After first 5 years every consecutive 5 years period counts 5 years backwards from the day of counting.

Friends,

Few observations:

Best Regards,
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

madhusivan is on a distinguished road

Friends,

Few observations:

Best Regards,
Hi orazone,

Congrats! There is yet another herculean task behind you (ie) moving to Canada. Hope everything goes fine with that also. All the best.