Got Medical requests, whats next?

Old Nov 17th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

DHKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Medical requests, whats next?

Hi All
we got our medical requests yesterday with a request for payment and more photos to go with medical.
What happens next?
I understand that if and when the visa arrives we have to get to Canada within 12 months of the medical.
Can going to Canada within 12 months just be a visit as we are waiting for our daughter to finish school here before we go across permanently which will be in about 18 months.
Thanks in advance
Dave
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Got Medical requests, whats next?

Originally Posted by DHKA
Hi All
we got our medical requests yesterday with a request for payment and more photos to go with medical.
What happens next?
I understand that if and when the visa arrives we have to get to Canada within 12 months of the medical.
Can going to Canada within 12 months just be a visit as we are waiting for our daughter to finish school here before we go across permanently which will be in about 18 months.
Thanks in advance
Dave
As I understand it once you have landed you have to spend something like 2 years out of the first 5 in Canada. This means you should be able to land, then come back to the UK for the best part of three years..
I'm sure someone else will post exact timings for you..
Good Luck
Pete
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

DHKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats sounds like it will solve one or two of our worries
It really lets the pressure off.
Thanks for your reply
Dave
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Pete is exactly right.
Once your visa arrives you have one year from the date of your medicals to go through the landing process. When you have 'activated' your visa, the visa is valid for five years and you have to be in Canada for two years out of those five to keep the visa valid.

Best of luck

Originally Posted by DHKA
Thats sounds like it will solve one or two of our worries
It really lets the pressure off.
Thanks for your reply
Dave