Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

got married and extending my stay which sir name do i use ?

got married and extending my stay which sir name do i use ?

Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

nickybear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got married and extending my stay which sir name do i use ?

Please help i have got married whilst being in the country and it is now time to do papers to extend my stay, in order to do sponsorship from within the country. My question is which sir name do i use as my pass port is in my maiden name but all other pieces of evidence are in my married name. Please help as my form needs to go off by Monday.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: got married and extending my stay which sir name do i use ?

ok looks like nobody knows the answer to that question, looks like il have to waste more time on the fone to immigration, just to listen to an automated service and NOT get to speak to a human, frustrated YES. All over what i thought was a simple question :curse:
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickybear
ok looks like nobody knows the answer to that question, looks like il have to waste more time on the fone to immigration, just to listen to an automated service and NOT get to speak to a human, frustrated YES. All over what i thought was a simple question :curse:
Oh good grief. It is the weekend, and people do have lives you know - we're not here just to be at your beck and call as unpaid volunteers! If you want a instant answer, then go to a lawyer or immigration consultant and be prepared to pay for the advice you get.

You may just find that people didn't understand the title of your thread given the spelling mistake, or that they're out having fun with their families on a Saturday. Either way, it doesn't warrant an attitude like that, and a word of warning - often people that act like that on here will find that pretty soon none of their questions get any responses!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 10th 2011 at 6:14 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickybear
Please help i have got married whilst being in the country and it is now time to do papers to extend my stay, in order to do sponsorship from within the country. My question is which sir name do i use as my pass port is in my maiden name but all other pieces of evidence are in my married name. Please help as my form needs to go off by Monday.
first :- it is "surname", not "sir name".
you use the surname as it is on your passport.

regs
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:25 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

and we use a phone, not fone
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Aviator
and we use a phone, not fone
yes it is a Phone

regs
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:49 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I would use the name on your passport because when you apply for pr that is issued in the name that on the passport - that way theres no confusion. You can always change your passport and pr card names after everything is sorted.

People get married all the time and all you would need to do is inlcude a copy of your marriage certificate if you are sending anything off thats in your married name to explain.

As CO says please understand that it's the weekend, I know you're stressed but someone will always be along to help. (well mostly )
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I would use the name on your passport because when you apply for pr that is issued in the name that on the passport - that way theres no confusion. You can always change your passport and pr card names after everything is sorted.

People get married all the time and all you would need to do is inlcude a copy of your marriage certificate if you are sending anything off thats in your married name to explain.

As CO says please understand that it's the weekend, I know you're stressed but someone will always be along to help. (well mostly )
A big huge thank you for your reply, head now firmly back on my shoulders. Form filled in and now on its way to Vegreville.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
first :- it is "surname", not "sir name".
you use the surname as it is on your passport.

regs
Thank you for that, oh and so sorry for my sloppy spelling