Got it!! From London CHC

Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:06 am
Just Joined

chris_vabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Got it!! From London CHC

Hi gang,

Just for info, we got out passport requests yesterday from London CHC. They called me to say that they were sent to our lawyers in Toronto on the 14th and they took 2 weeks to get there. CHC also sent me another copy to me in the UK as they thought they had been lost in the post.

Timeline is in the signature>>
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got it!! From London CHC

Wonderful news! We also suffered at the hands of the Royal Mail, lost 2mths as the PP request didn't turn up. Still hasn't.

Mr B submitted his PP to London a week past Wednesday and got it back this morning (Sat) so you should have yours back within a fortnight. I can't tell you how exquisite his visa looks, it's a work of art!!! Beautiful engraving, maple leaf hologram, stylish font... I know these things are about security not presentation but it really is gorgeous.

Enjoy admiring yours when it arrives

Biiiiink
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

hey dude,

Félicitations. When are you planning to land??
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks Biiiiink,

Yes I'll be drooling over it. I have had it with Royal Mail, so on Thursday Im travelling from Newcastle to London to hand the passport in, and returning 2 weeks later to pick it up in person.

Surely you can fax CHC and get them to send another?

//C.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Saturday 19th Feb, in Vancouver. Booked the flights yesterday

Originally Posted by bhalerao
hey dude,

Félicitations. When are you planning to land??
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris_vabc
Thanks Biiiiink,

Yes I'll be drooling over it. I have had it with Royal Mail, so on Thursday Im travelling from Newcastle to London to hand the passport in, and returning 2 weeks later to pick it up in person.

Surely you can fax CHC and get them to send another?

//C.
We were tempted to fly down too, Royal Mail are a joke.

To save time, CHC didn't bother sending a new one, they just told me to go here - http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/phep.htm and follow the instructions to submit Mr B's passport. I don't know if those are the same as yours because we're family class but anyhow, it all worked and we've booked landing flights for a little over 2wks time. Yippee!

Best of luck to us both in Canada

Biiiiink
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:23 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi gang,

Just for info, we got out passport requests yesterday from London CHC. They called me to say that they were sent to our lawyers in Toronto on the 14th and they took 2 weeks to get there. CHC also sent me another copy to me in the UK as they thought they had been lost in the post.

Congrats chris_vabc

Don't forget to get there (London) early

We are 3 weeks behind you so hopefully we'll hear soon

Old Jan 30th 2005, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Oooooo! Didn't know PHEP was available online. Oh well dunt make any difference now. Best of luck to you when you land - I'll be there in 2 weeks and 6 days.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
We were tempted to fly down too, Royal Mail are a joke.

To save time, CHC didn't bother sending a new one, they just told me to go here - http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/phep.htm and follow the instructions to submit Mr B's passport. I don't know if those are the same as yours because we're family class but anyhow, it all worked and we've booked landing flights for a little over 2wks time. Yippee!

Best of luck to us both in Canada

Biiiiink
Old Jan 30th 2005, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I will get there early. The doors open at 2pm on Thursday, so I'll try to be there about 12 to be sure.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours in a couple of weeks!
//C.

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Congrats chris_vabc

Don't forget to get there (London) early

We are 3 weeks behind you so hopefully we'll hear soon

Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:37 am
Lyles

Hi Chris,

I'm a newbie and this is my first post, but had to reply your fantastic news. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Bet it feels good.

May I ask something? Did your AOR say they may not contact you for up to 15 or 18 months? Mine said 18 and I know some people's says only 15. I applied to London in Jan 04' and received my AOR Feb '04 - stating they may not contact me for up to 18 months. Just wondering why there is a difference in time.

Another thing that confuses me is some people have an AI or IA date before their "medical requests received" date. Did you receive anything after your AOR, but before your medical requests?

Thanks and if you haven't celebrated already, what are you waiting for, dude!?

Lyles

Hi gang,

Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky you Lyles

Our AOR states they may not contact us for 21 months..

Angela

Originally Posted by Lyles
Hi Chris,

I'm a newbie and this is my first post, but had to reply your fantastic news. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Bet it feels good.

May I ask something? Did your AOR say they may not contact you for up to 15 or 18 months? Mine said 18 and I know some people's says only 15. I applied to London in Jan 04' and received my AOR Feb '04 - stating they may not contact me for up to 18 months. Just wondering why there is a difference in time.

Another thing that confuses me is some people have an AI or IA date before their "medical requests received" date. Did you receive anything after your AOR, but before your medical requests?

Thanks and if you haven't celebrated already, what are you waiting for, dude!?

Lyles
Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:52 am
Lyles

Hi Angela,

Jeez! I guess the processing times are getting longer since they lowered the passmark. I have noticed that some people seem to have an even longer stated waiting time if they have applied more recently. It'll be interesting to see another girl I know who has recently applied. She hasn't received her AOR yet as far as I know, but literally applied a few weeks ago.

By the way, I notice you are in the Northants area. I know the place only too well and have a few friends up there through my husband. We both studied at Nene College - now known as University College Northampton. Good times, good times!!

Originally Posted by achak
Lucky you Lyles

Our AOR states they may not contact us for 21 months..

Angela

Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Small world Lyles,

I did my A levels there in 1990-92.

Definitely good times

Can you post the time quoted in your friends AOR when they know it. It will be interesting to see if they can get any slower .

Angela

Originally Posted by Lyles
Hi Angela,

Jeez! I guess the processing times are getting longer since they lowered the passmark. I have noticed that some people seem to have an even longer stated waiting time if they have applied more recently. It'll be interesting to see another girl I know who has recently applied. She hasn't received her AOR yet as far as I know, but literally applied a few weeks ago.

By the way, I notice you are in the Northants area. I know the place only too well and have a few friends up there through my husband. We both studied at Nene College - now known as University College Northampton. Good times, good times!!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 11:10 pm
Lyles

I was there between 1991-1994.

As soon as she hears I'll definately let you know.