Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got an email from VO saying I have to wait until next year even after medicals??

Got an email from VO saying I have to wait until next year even after medicals??

Old Sep 28th 2013, 12:08 am
Long wait

blinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Got an email from VO saying I have to wait until next year even after medicals??

Hello to all the applicants,

First of all, congrats to everyone who have been waiting very patiently for the strike to come to an end.

I am going to share the email that I have received from London VO about the application status.

They have received my medicals on 10 July, 2013 and new police certificates on 5 Aug, 2013 as the old ones got expired. I had emailed them to inquire if they have received my documents or not as in the past, our documents were lost.

The reply says..

Dear xxxx,

Please be advised that our office has received your documents, including your medical results which have been positively assessed.

You will be contacted in the new year with information regarding the next step in processing.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni

I really wish that they had asked for the passport rather than saying that they will contact in the new year. I wonder why it is taking so long even after all the documents have been sent

Also, can anyone please tell me what does COPR mean??

Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2013, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got an email from VO saying I have to wait until next year even after medicals??

COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residence. This is the 2 page form they send you to complete your landing.
Old Sep 28th 2013, 1:47 am
Long wait

Default Re: Got an email from VO saying I have to wait until next year even after medicals??

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residence. This is the 2 page form they send you to complete your landing.
Thanks for your reply. I have another question if you can answer please.

Do I have to keep the funds in my account from day 1 when I had applied for PNP program till I get the visa?? I am asking this because I have not withdrawn a single penny from almost 2 years.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 28th 2013, 4:16 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi,

I feel very sorry for you, I can't believe that its taken so long for your application to be processed. From our MPNP application to Landing was 15 months! Is there any reason for your lengthy processing time?

Our Visa Officer was also EFL.

The only thing I can think of as to the delay, is that maybe they have now run out of quota for COPR until next year?

I wish you well and commend you for your patience.

Regards

Andrew

Last edited by chiefmissile; Sep 28th 2013 at 4:19 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:11 am
Long wait

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

I feel very sorry for you, I can't believe that its taken so long for your application to be processed. From our MPNP application to Landing was 15 months! Is there any reason for your lengthy processing time?

I have no idea why it is taking so long. I wish I knew it. Thanks for the sympathy. I really appreciate that.

Our Visa Officer was also EFL.

The only thing I can think of as to the delay, is that maybe they have now run out of quota for COPR until next year?

Do they have quota for this too?? No idea.

I wish you well and commend you for your patience.

Thanks a lot and congrats to you for getting your visa within 15 months. I'll complete 24 in Dec.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks for the reply. I hope you are settling well in a new place. Can you please tell me for how long we have to keep the required amount of money in our account? I have posted my query above too. Did you keep it from day 1 till end??

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:34 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blinggg
Thanks for the reply. I hope you are settling well in a new place. Can you please tell me for how long we have to keep the required amount of money in our account? I have posted my query above too. Did you keep it from day 1 till end??

Thanks
The funds do not need to be in your bank account, ISA or any other account, as long as you can show a screen shot etc of the funds with your name then no problem.

Good luck

Andrew
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:50 am
Long wait

The funds do not need to be in your bank account, ISA or any other account, as long as you can show a screen shot etc of the funds with your name then no problem.

Good luck

Andrew
Really??? Wow!! I never knew about this thing. You know I have not withdrawn a single penny from my account in the past 2 years even when I needed it in my worst times.

There are so many misconceptions about it. I have heard from people that you need to show bank statements for the past 6 months and don't withdraw money until you get your visa!!!

I wish I knew about the right procedure. I blindly followed what other people told me. It's a huge loss for me But actually, not one but many people said to me to keep the money in my account. So I assumed that to be correct..

Oh well..at least now I know..thanks for telling me this Andrew.

Good luck to you too.

PS: It means I can withdraw some cash now and start using it
Old Sep 29th 2013, 1:28 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

Andrew
I'm not sure that this is true
The whole point of " proof of funds" is that you aRe meant to be able to show enough money to support yourself when you move, so of course you can't just show the money once and then spend it

Unless things have changed significantly since we apples , you could be asked to demonstrate your proof of funds at any point in the process
Old Sep 29th 2013, 3:39 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
The whole point of " proof of funds" is that you aRe meant to be able to show enough money to support yourself when you move, so of course you can't just show the money once and then spend it

Unless things have changed significantly since we apples , you could be asked to demonstrate your proof of funds at any point in the process
You can supply proof of funds whether it be in the form of an ISA statement, bank statement, investment statement etc. As long as the proof you show is for liquid funds ie you could sell these or withdraw the cash at any time.

A house or car is not considered as proof of funds.

Regards

Andrew
Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:19 am
Long wait

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

Exactly, that's what I meant. I have been told that they can ask for proof of funds at any point and that the bank statement has to be at least 3 months old. That's why I thought that it's better not to touch my bank account.

Thanks for the response.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:22 am
Long wait

You can supply proof of funds whether it be in the form of an ISA statement, bank statement, investment statement etc. As long as the proof you show is for liquid funds ie you could sell these or withdraw the cash at any time.

A house or car is not considered as proof of funds.

Regards

Andrew
Just for the information, I found this on the website http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...mon-questions/

With my MPNP application do I have to send statements of my bank account?

Yes, you must submit documents demonstrating your financial situation as specified in the MPNP application:

scanned copies of bank statement(s) and certificate(s) of deposit(s) demonstrating a clear financial history of sufficient and transferable settlement funds in your name and/or the name of your spouse, if applicable, uploaded to MPNP Online
In addition, you may also provide:
copies of securities and other short-term investments
documents proving ownership of real estate including a current market price evaluation, or other assets (not including personal items such as jewelry, furniture or vehicles) owned by applicant or spouse, with objective valuation of fair market value