Got Citizenship test date!

Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Smile Got Citizenship test date!

Hi all!

We submitted our Citizenship application last December and received an acknowledgement in February and today we were invited to take our test on 6th December!

We had thought 12-15 months before we heard anything and I had read on the CIC website that Citizenship applications were taking 19 months so we had prepared ourselves not to hear anything for ages.

Obviously we were really pleased to get this news today but it does mean I'll have to have a more subdued staff party on 5th December as we have to be in Vancouver for 8am!

Now all we have to do is pass the test!

Zoe M. x
Old Nov 21st 2011, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Question Re: Got Citizenship test date!

I do have a question though...

Have any BC residents recently taken the Citizenship test (in Vancouver, Expo Blvd location) and, if so, did you take the oath on the same day or did you have to wait to be invited back for that part?

Thanks, in advance.

Zoé M. x

Last edited by zmartin; Nov 21st 2011 at 4:38 am. Reason: additional info
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Citizenship test date!

Hi Zoe

I hope all went well with your Citizenship test.

Did you get to take the Oath on the same day or did you have to go back later?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

We had to go back for that.

Citizenship Oath ceremony was done in February.

Hope that helps.

Zoe M.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:00 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zmartin
We had to go back for that.

Citizenship Oath ceremony was done in February.

Hope that helps.

Zoe M.
who do you swear the oath to?...the queen?..if so as a British citizen is that necessary?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:11 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
who do you swear the oath to?...the queen?..if so as a British citizen is that necessary?
Yes, because you are swearing, as a Canadian Citizen, to bear allegiance to The Head of State of Canada who is The Queen. Everyone does it, being British has nothing to do with it.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zmartin
I do have a question though...

Have any BC residents recently taken the Citizenship test (in Vancouver, Expo Blvd location) and, if so, did you take the oath on the same day or did you have to wait to be invited back for that part?

Thanks, in advance.

Zoé M. x
I took the test in April and was sent a letter to take the oath in July i.e. after 3 months. I never heard of someone taking the test and the oath on the same day.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
I took the test in April and was sent a letter to take the oath in July i.e. after 3 months. I never heard of someone taking the test and the oath on the same day.
It used to happen in Montreal.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:28 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Yes, because you are swearing, as a Canadian Citizen, to bear allegiance to The Head of State of Canada who is The Queen. Everyone does it, being British has nothing to do with it.
But being a British citizen you already bear allegiance to the Queen?..so she gets double bubble?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:43 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
But being a British citizen you already bear allegiance to the Queen?..so she gets double bubble?
Like I said, you are swearing as a Canadian citizen. It has nothing to do with being a British citizen.