Wikiposts

Got It!! Buffalo!

Old Mar 6th 2002, 8:35 am
Akiyomiya

Default Got It!! Buffalo!

My partner just got a landing permit and here is his timeline at Buffalo!

Nationality: U.S. Citizen Age: 35 Education: Master's degree in HR. Bachelor's
degree in Journalism Occupation: School Counselor (current occupation: Technical
Writer) Years of Experience: 3 years as a School Counselor Language: English -
Native, French - None

Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: March 28, 2001 Interview Waiver:
October 15, 2001 (switched to H&C linked to my application, so we sent a proof of our
relationship) Medical: October 25, 2001 Landing Permit: March 2, 2002

Total 13 months (not bad)

My information: Nationality: Japanese Citizen Age: 29 Education: MBA in Information
Systems and Marketing. Bachelor's degree in Business Management Occupation: Computer
Programmer (Web Developer) Year's of Experience: 1+ years for full-time and 2 years
of part-time Language English - Fluent, French - None

Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: April 4, 2001 Interview Waiver: May
25, 2001 Medical: July 17, 2001 Landing Permit: December 6, 2001

Total 10 months

Final thought:

We are pretty excited about our move to Vancouver from the U.S. We have been living
in California (S.F. Bay Area) last 11 years and we feel it is time to change. There
are many great things about California (S.F. Bay Area) but we don't think you can get
a great value for your money living here or many areas in the U.S. West Coast.

Many people often compare between Canada and Australia. We initially thought about
applying to Australia but Canada has more favorable immigration law when it comes to
a qualified landing permit holder sponsoring his/her partner (this applies especially
if you are sponsoring common-law partner as well as same sex partner). We also think
Canada has more high tech jobs than Australia. It is probably easier for us to adapt
a life in Canada since we are from the U.S. You can still keep in touch with your
family member in the U.S. since it is not that far away. Canada has more favorable
civil law and right based on sexual orientation. Canadians seem to have milder
attitude towards immigrants compared to Australians. Best of all, we hate hot and
humid weather! We think the California summer is too hot for us, so we are glad to
move up north.

However, there is no best country in my opinion since each person's need and
situation in life is different and unique.

Our journey to this immigration process is over. Looking forward to the next stage of
landing and establishing our new life.

Good luck to everyone and see you in Canada (we will be in Vancouver)

Akira

Old Mar 6th 2002, 10:07 am
Kinga

Default Re: Got It!! Buffalo!

Good luck to you We are waiting for PR [also from Buffalo]. We applied in Nov 2001.
Thanks for Buffalo's time line. Enjoy Canada!!! Kinga

Old Mar 6th 2002, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

CN Tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Akira!

Good luck with the move

Claire
Old Mar 6th 2002, 1:36 pm
Andrew Miller

Congratulations!!!! It wasn't too long, eh?

Welcome to Vancouver.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"akiyomiya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My partner just got a landing permit and here is his timeline at Buffalo!
    >
    > Nationality: U.S. Citizen Age: 35 Education: Master's degree in HR. Bachelor's
    > degree in Journalism Occupation: School Counselor (current occupation: Technical
    > Writer) Years of Experience: 3 years as a School Counselor Language: English -
    > Native, French - None
    >
    > Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: March 28, 2001 Interview Waiver:
    > October 15, 2001 (switched to H&C linked to my application, so we sent a proof of
    > our relationship) Medical: October 25, 2001 Landing Permit: March 2, 2002
    >
    > Total 13 months (not bad)
    >
    >
    > My information: Nationality: Japanese Citizen Age: 29 Education: MBA in Information
    > Systems and Marketing. Bachelor's degree in Business Management Occupation:
    > Computer Programmer (Web Developer) Year's of Experience: 1+ years for full-time
    > and 2 years of part-time Language English - Fluent, French - None
    >
    > Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: April 4, 2001 Interview Waiver:
    > May 25, 2001 Medical: July 17, 2001 Landing Permit: December 6, 2001
    >
    > Total 10 months
    >
    > Final thought:
    >
    > We are pretty excited about our move to Vancouver from the U.S. We have been living
    > in California (S.F. Bay Area) last 11 years and we feel it is time to change. There
    > are many great things about California (S.F. Bay Area) but we don't think you can
    > get a great value for your money living here or many areas in the U.S. West Coast.
    >
    > Many people often compare between Canada and Australia. We initially thought about
    > applying to Australia but Canada has more favorable immigration law when it comes
    > to a qualified landing permit holder sponsoring his/her partner (this applies
    > especially if you are sponsoring common-law partner as well as same sex partner).
    > We also think Canada has more high tech jobs than Australia. It is probably easier
    > for us to adapt a life in Canada since we are from the U.S. You can still keep in
    > touch with your family member in the U.S. since it is not that far away. Canada has
    > more favorable civil law and right based on sexual orientation. Canadians seem to
    > have milder attitude towards immigrants compared to Australians. Best of all, we
    > hate hot and humid weather! We think the California summer is too hot for us, so we
    > are glad to move up north.
    >
    > However, there is no best country in my opinion since each person's need and
    > situation in life is different and unique.
    >
    > Our journey to this immigration process is over. Looking forward to the next stage
    > of landing and establishing our new life.
    >
    > Good luck to everyone and see you in Canada (we will be in Vancouver)
    >
    > Akira

Old Mar 6th 2002, 5:08 pm
Steffy

Hi Congratulation for your PR status. Maybe see you in Vancouver.

Stephanie Vancouver, B.C

"akiyomiya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My partner just got a landing permit and here is his timeline at Buffalo!
    >
    > Nationality: U.S. Citizen Age: 35 Education: Master's degree in HR. Bachelor's
    > degree in Journalism Occupation: School Counselor (current occupation: Technical
    > Writer) Years of Experience: 3 years as a School Counselor Language: English -
    > Native, French - None
    >
    > Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: March 28, 2001 Interview Waiver:
    > October 15, 2001 (switched to H&C linked to my application, so we sent a proof of
    > our relationship) Medical: October 25, 2001 Landing Permit: March 2, 2002
    >
    > Total 13 months (not bad)
    >
    >
    > My information: Nationality: Japanese Citizen Age: 29 Education: MBA in Information
    > Systems and Marketing. Bachelor's degree in Business Management Occupation:
    > Computer Programmer (Web Developer) Year's of Experience: 1+ years for full-time
    > and 2 years of part-time Language English - Fluent, French - None
    >
    > Timeline Sent Application: January 31, 2001 AOR: April 4, 2001 Interview Waiver:
    > May 25, 2001 Medical: July 17, 2001 Landing Permit: December 6, 2001
    >
    > Total 10 months
    >
    > Final thought:
    >
    > We are pretty excited about our move to Vancouver from the U.S. We have been living
    > in California (S.F. Bay Area) last 11 years and we feel it is time to change. There
    > are many great things about California (S.F. Bay Area) but we don't think you can
    > get a great value for your money living here or many areas in the U.S. West Coast.
    >
    > Many people often compare between Canada and Australia. We initially thought about
    > applying to Australia but Canada has more favorable immigration law when it comes
    > to a qualified landing permit holder sponsoring his/her partner (this applies
    > especially if you are sponsoring common-law partner as well as same sex partner).
    > We also think Canada has more high tech jobs than Australia. It is probably easier
    > for us to adapt a life in Canada since we are from the U.S. You can still keep in
    > touch with your family member in the U.S. since it is not that far away. Canada has
    > more favorable civil law and right based on sexual orientation. Canadians seem to
    > have milder attitude towards immigrants compared to Australians. Best of all, we
    > hate hot and humid weather! We think the California summer is too hot for us, so we
    > are glad to move up north.
    >
    > However, there is no best country in my opinion since each person's need and
    > situation in life is different and unique.
    >
    > Our journey to this immigration process is over. Looking forward to the next stage
    > of landing and establishing our new life.
    >
    > Good luck to everyone and see you in Canada (we will be in Vancouver)
    >
    > Akira