Got it!!!!!

Old Jul 25th 2002, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

mrwt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got it!!!!!

Thanks God. I got it after a long time, waitig for almost two years.
My timeline for benefit of others,

1.Applied for PR--------------------------------Mar,2000
2.Received AOR--------------------------------Mar,2000
3.Interviewed----------------------------------MAy,2001
4.Medical----------------------------------------Aug,2001
5.Fresh PCC-------------------------------------Jun,2002
6.Submission of Passports--------------------Jul,2002
7.Received visa Stickers in Passports----25Jul,2002

Also received a bulk of documents affixed with photos for presenting at the port of entry to immigration officer & making of
PR cards.

Thanks to all participants in the NG & special thanks to Mr. Andrew Miller and other team members for guidance.

Good luck all potential applicants.

Mrwt
Old Jul 25th 2002, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Austen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got it!!!!!

Congratulations. We're just starting to embark on the journey you've just completed. Enjoy and indulge- Labbats will never taste so good!!!
Old Jul 26th 2002, 5:20 am
N Hossain

mrwt <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks God. I got it after a long time, waitig for almost two years. My timeline
    > for benefit of others,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 7.Received visa Stickers in PassportsTEST-25Jul,2002
    >
    > Also received a bulk of documents affixed with photos for presenting at the port of
    > entry to immigration officer & making of PR cards.
    >
    > Thanks to all participants in the NG & special thanks to Mr. Andrew Miller and
    > other team members for guidance.
    >
    > Good luck all potential applicants.
    >
    > Mrwt
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Where did you apply from. When did you send your passports for the visa.

Old Jul 26th 2002, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

doubter is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay Congrats, "mrwt" .... Now, I have a few questions:

1. Which post did you apply?

2. Why did you have to send your passport to the Consulate for getting the so called 'visa sticker'? I thought the visa ( in the form of landing papers) would be mailed to the applicants and no entries or stampings will be made in the passport pages until the person reaches the port-of-entry, am I right? Miller, could you comment on this? Or, does this vary from post to post? I believe not, because, if one filed his PR application in a location outside his home country, that means he should send his passport to the Consulate abroad to get the 'visa sticker'. Sending the passport outside the country by post is not allowed in many countries. So, this is a matter of concern.

3. Why such a long gap seen between the medicals and submission of fresh police certificate (Aug-2001 and Jun-2002)? That means your medical validity expires in August and you received your visa this month (July). Now, that meams you must be landing in a few weeks' time, right?

Could you please be kind enough to be more specific in your timelines and procedures adopted?

Comments from all browsers and experts are welcome, especially from you, Miller - the Great....!

Thanks,
Doubter.
Old Jul 26th 2002, 3:21 pm
Andrew Miller

There is no more form IMM 1000 (Landing Record) to be issued under new law. Now
approved immigrants receive a counterfoil PR visa sticker in their passports to
facilitate their landing in Canada. And this is why passports must be mailed to visa
post (or in some cases it may be possible to go there in person) in order to have
visa affixed in the passport.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"doubter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Okay Congrats, "mrwt" .... Now, I have a few questions:
    >
    > 1. Which post did you apply?
    >
    > 2. Why did you have to send your passport to the Consulate for getting the so
    > called 'visa sticker'? I thought the visa ( in the form of landing papers) would
    > be mailed to the applicants and no entries or stampings will be made in the
    > passport pages until the person reaches the port-of-entry, am I right? Miller,
    > could you comment on this? Or, does this vary from post to post? I believe not,
    > because, if one filed his PR application in a location outside his home country,
    > that means he should send his passport to the Consulate abroad to get the 'visa
    > sticker'. Sending the passport outside the country by post is not allowed in
    > many countries. So, this is a matter of concern.
    >
    > 3. Why such a long gap seen between the medicals and submission of fresh police
    > certificate (Aug-2001 and Jun-2002)? That means your medical validity expires in
    > August and you received your visa this month (July). Now, that meams you must be
    > landing in a few weeks' time, right?
    >
    > Could you please be kind enough to be more specific in your timelines and
    > procedures adopted?
    >
    > Comments from all browsers and experts are welcome, especially from you, Miller -
    > the Great....!
    >
    > Thanks, Doubter.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 26th 2002, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

KRISHNA2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats,
can you please post what are the questions they asked at the time of interview and also helpful if you post about your background information.

Thanks
Kris.