Got It!!

Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:58 am
Just Joined

CariocaJazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got It!!

Hi Friends!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the help and support you have given me. This has been one of the most hardest, and testing expereinces of my life!

My Timeline:

Sept 2002, Married Canadian-Born Husband in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Oct 2002, Called Consulate in Sao Paulo, Brasil. Informed VISA Officer that I already currently posses a 5 year multiple-entry VISITOR VISA to Canada. Asked if I could use my Passport w/ Unmarried name & VALID Canadian Visitor VISA for 4 years, and present new Brazilian Passport with my changed last name.

Informed by VISA Officer at Consulate, NO! You must apply for a new VISITOR VISA or you will not be able to enter Canada.

Nov, 2002. Goto Brazilian Consulate in Sao Paulo to apply for VISITOR VISA for new Passport. Treated absolutly like shit at the Consulate, after arguing with "dumb Paulista!" for nearly 45 minutes given 1 year single entry Visitor VISA to Canada.

Jan, 2003, Arrive at Perason International Airport. Informed Immigration Officer of our intensions to sponser from inland.

Asked Immigration Officer if it was nessessary to apply for a new VISA for my new Passport, even though I could present my old Passport w/ VALID Canadian Visitor VISA. Immigration Officer informed me that it wasn't nessessary to obtain a new VISA, as my old VISA is still valid. So long as I presented both the old Passport & new Password.

June, 2003, Submitted PR Application & took Medicals.

July, 2003, Confirmation Application was received by CIC

January, 2004, Received AIP

Feburary, 2004, Requested Medicals Passed Document to obtain OHIP

Feburary, 2004, Called Ontario Health Services Call Centre to request information about how to obtain OHIP. Informed that only Canadian Citizens or Landed Permanent Residents can obtain OHIP Coverage. Asked about CIC Letter stating medicals passed, and reffered to AIP. Informed by two seperate call centre representatives again that I am not entitled to OHIP.

November, 2004. Friend of the family's wife received AIP & Medical Passed Letter, applys & received OHIP Coverage????

December, 2004 Visit Health Office, obtain OHIP

December, 2004 Informed that Application Process has concluded.

January, 2005 Received Letter of Invitate to Immigration Interview

Feburary, 2005 Interview completed within 7 minutes, asked two questions.

1. Do you have any dependents outside of Canada?
2. Ever Comitted a crime?

Received PR Document, Card will be in the mail within 4-6 weeks!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know, DO YOUR RESEARCH, AND RESEARCH WELL! Our process seemed to take forever. Now my husband and I can finally take a long well deserved vacation to Brasil!!!!

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got It!!

CariocaJazz,

Hey, can you tell whether you got the interview or the visa. Coz it looks but fuzzy I can see a word called 'got the visa' any ways it seems that you got what you wanted. Congrrrrrrrats. And enjoy your vacation (honeymoon).
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bhalerao
CariocaJazz,

Hey, can you tell whether you got the interview or the visa. Coz it looks but fuzzy I can see a word called 'got the visa' any ways it seems that you got what you wanted. Congrrrrrrrats. And enjoy your vacation (honeymoon).
I'm sorry,

Got Permanent Residency,

Waiting for PR Card now, should be 4-6 weeks
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Ana_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

A whole year between AIP and Immigration interview?? Isn't that a little above average?? Now I'm worried because I'm also Brazilian and applying inland. I haven't even got the confirmation that my application has been received yet! Sounds like I'm in for a looooooooooong wait

By the way, I'm also from Rio, "dumb Paulista" is redundant!!! The people in that consulate are just so stuck up! But you've got to give it to them that they are pretty quick comparing to other consulates around the world.

Congratulations!!

Ana

Originally Posted by CariocaJazz
Hi Friends!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the help and support you have given me. This has been one of the most hardest, and testing expereinces of my life!

My Timeline:

Sept 2002, Married Canadian-Born Husband in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Oct 2002, Called Consulate in Sao Paulo, Brasil. Informed VISA Officer that I already currently posses a 5 year multiple-entry VISITOR VISA to Canada. Asked if I could use my Passport w/ Unmarried name & VALID Canadian Visitor VISA for 4 years, and present new Brazilian Passport with my changed last name.

Informed by VISA Officer at Consulate, NO! You must apply for a new VISITOR VISA or you will not be able to enter Canada.

Nov, 2002. Goto Brazilian Consulate in Sao Paulo to apply for VISITOR VISA for new Passport. Treated absolutly like shit at the Consulate, after arguing with "dumb Paulista!" for nearly 45 minutes given 1 year single entry Visitor VISA to Canada.

Jan, 2003, Arrive at Perason International Airport. Informed Immigration Officer of our intensions to sponser from inland.

Asked Immigration Officer if it was nessessary to apply for a new VISA for my new Passport, even though I could present my old Passport w/ VALID Canadian Visitor VISA. Immigration Officer informed me that it wasn't nessessary to obtain a new VISA, as my old VISA is still valid. So long as I presented both the old Passport & new Password.

June, 2003, Submitted PR Application & took Medicals.

July, 2003, Confirmation Application was received by CIC

January, 2004, Received AIP

Feburary, 2004, Requested Medicals Passed Document to obtain OHIP

Feburary, 2004, Called Ontario Health Services Call Centre to request information about how to obtain OHIP. Informed that only Canadian Citizens or Landed Permanent Residents can obtain OHIP Coverage. Asked about CIC Letter stating medicals passed, and reffered to AIP. Informed by two seperate call centre representatives again that I am not entitled to OHIP.

November, 2004. Friend of the family's wife received AIP & Medical Passed Letter, applys & received OHIP Coverage????

December, 2004 Visit Health Office, obtain OHIP

December, 2004 Informed that Application Process has concluded.

January, 2005 Received Letter of Invitate to Immigration Interview

Feburary, 2005 Interview completed within 7 minutes, asked two questions.

1. Do you have any dependents outside of Canada?
2. Ever Comitted a crime?

Received PR Document, Card will be in the mail within 4-6 weeks!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know, DO YOUR RESEARCH, AND RESEARCH WELL! Our process seemed to take forever. Now my husband and I can finally take a long well deserved vacation to Brasil!!!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ana_25; Feb 2nd 2005 at 2:28 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ana_25
A whole year between AIP and Immigration interview?? Isn't that a little above average?? Now I'm worried because I'm also Brazilian and applying inland. I haven't even got the confirmation that my application has been received yet! Sounds like I'm in for a looooooooooong wait

By the way, I'm also from Rio, "dumb Paulista" is redundant!!! The people in that consulate are just so stuck up! But you've got to give it to them that they are pretty quick comparing to other consulates around the world.

Congratulations!!

Ana
Thanks Ana,

When did you apply for Inland PR? From what i've expeirnced its going to be a long boring process. :/ The worst part is not being able to visit home (Rio) God I miss the beach! I can not wait for my PR Card to arrive so I can make plans for a trip back to Rio.

Wish you all the bests!

CJazz

for any Q&A you may have, u can email me at [email protected] cheers
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Ana_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Canada Post, my application reached Vegreville on January 4th, 2005. I'm applying under a whole other category (Live-in Caregiver), but since most people on this forum have their PR processed overseas, I don't have lots to compare my case to. Yours is the closest one so far, and it doesn't look good. I was really hoping to have my PR card by the end of the year so I could spend Christmas with my family (it's been 2.5 years now!), but apparently, that's not gonna happen.

I wasn't even thinking about applying for an open work permit when I got AIP, because I remember reading here that it was not worth it, since the interview takes place a month or two after AIP. I'm not sure what to think now...

Anyway, enjoy your new country of residence, it's cold, but we love it!

Ana

Originally Posted by CariocaJazz
Thanks Ana,

When did you apply for Inland PR? From what i've expeirnced its going to be a long boring process. :/ The worst part is not being able to visit home (Rio) God I miss the beach! I can not wait for my PR Card to arrive so I can make plans for a trip back to Rio.

Wish you all the bests!

CJazz

for any Q&A you may have, u can email me at [email protected] cheers
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats & best wishes!!
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to you!!! Yes you deserve a vaccation to Brazil
Old Feb 6th 2005, 11:46 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Well done and congratulations!! Best of luck to you.