Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Goods that worth bringing into Canada

Goods that worth bringing into Canada

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Deev is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Goods that worth bringing into Canada

Hi everybody

I have been thinking what items are realy worthy to take into Canada for a family of two. I would like to make a list of practical items in my list of "goods to follow". There are a lot of items i may not have for now, but i'd like to add them to my list, so that I can import them tax free in a later time. I know electronic items should be specified by serial numbers and that makes limitation, but how about other items? what do you think?

thanks
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:31 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods that worth bringing into Canada

Hi Deev

Originally Posted by Deev
Hi everybody

I have been thinking what items are realy worthy to take into Canada for a family of two. I would like to make a list of practical items in my list of "goods to follow". There are a lot of items i may not have for now, but i'd like to add them to my list, so that I can import them tax free in a later time. I know electronic items should be specified by serial numbers and that makes limitation, but how about other items? what do you think?

thanks
They have to be owned by you prior to "landing", you can't just submit a future shopping list.

PMM
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi everybody

thanks
Hello! me personaly am selling off my things here and buying them in Canada ..i found Canada is way cheaper than Australia So anything i am going to be needing, i will be buying there instead of now and or shipping them over *S*
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Deev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your opinions, but I guess something is missing! Actually I know legally what I have to do or not, what the law says and stuff like that, I just simply asked: What items worth taking into Canada? (Considering the fact that I go through China hence I can find a lot of stuff heavenly cheap!) If you are in Canada, please tell me, in this case what items in Canada do you find expensive that now you regret why you didn’t buy it in advance form your own country. I just need some NAMES not legal advice.

Thanks again
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

HaMa is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Deev

just a few things to remeber when bring items into canada,
voltage differs between other contries in the world,
spare parts for electronic items may be hard to find,
things like dvd players tvs etc work on diffrent regions,
pc's shouldnt be a problem,

im not in canada, but ive moved to diffrent countries on diffrent occasions, and i found out that the best thing to do normally is check on the web for canadian site that sell similar things, you may find them cheaper,
i normally just sticked to keeping the satellite reciever, multi region dvd, and bits of furniture,
i went to a few places b4 the day we got our container, and just looked for any discounts or nice cheap things and got them, dinign table and chairs, a sofa or 2 things like that,

but its really upto you

HaMa
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your opinions, but I guess something is missing! Actually I know legally what I have to do or not, what the law says and stuff like that, I just simply asked: What items worth taking into Canada? (Considering the fact that I go through China hence I can find a lot of stuff heavenly cheap!) If you are in Canada, please tell me, in this case what items in Canada do you find expensive that now you regret why you didn’t buy it in advance form your own country. I just need some NAMES not legal advice.

Thanks again
If you live in Asia, good furniture can be much more expensive in Canada, but importing furniture can be tricky as due to the lack of humidity in Canada, many Asian woods crack there.

Oil paintings and frames are very expensive in Canada. Tailoring a suit is also more exepensive in Canada.