Goods to follow question

Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods to follow question

Hey all,

I landed as a PR last year and brought most of my stuff with me. I have some stuff left at home in the UK which I included on my goods to follow list; not much, just 3 or 4 relatively small boxes.

My family is coming over for my wedding in the summer, would they be able to bring any of that stuff with them or would that cause issues releasing it at the airport? I could meet them there of course, but my instinct would be that this idea is no good.

Any advice appreciated.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow question

Yes they could bring them providing you send them copies of the GTF list you had stamped and a copy of your COPR. They just need to declare them to Customs.
Caveat they would be responsible and held accountable if the boxes contained items that are prohibited, controlled or restricted entry into Canada. If you are there to meet them then they can tell CBSA that as well so bring your documents as well.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goods to follow question

I see, so I get them a copy of my GTF list and COPR and they declare them on their way over. It's nothing much really, in fact almost entirely video games and Blu-Rays.

Worst thing in there is probably a plastic batarang. Don't ask.

Thanks very much.