Goods to Follow question

Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice
Question Goods to Follow question

Just looking ahead... If we need to go and "land" before we're ready to move in all entirety, I think I'm right in saying there's some list you have to produce at customs, goods to follow or something???

What if we don't know what goods will in fact follow, can we make a list and then add to it after we've landed? Or is the list the final list and once you've landed you can't add anything else.

This area of the process I've not looked into yet.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:48 am
Just Joined

FrancesS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goods to Follow question

The goods to follow list CANNOT be added to, so go ahead and put everything on it, you don't have to bring it in but you can't add anything to it. I think on the WIKI there is an example of a form, but a standard excel or word table will do. Just make sure you make a note of serial numbers of anything electrical/high value and put a value in Canadian Dollars against everything. Things can be grouped ie. 6 boxes books, 5 boxes kitchen utensils etc. When we landed they only really looked briefly at the list, and were really only concerned with any items of high value. They stamp the list and then you just need to present it when collecting your goods. Hope this helps

Frances
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Wellsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goods to Follow question

Along these lines I am Canadian my wife has a PR visa which we will probably activate next time we go over for a job interview for me. She will have to have a goods accompanying but we will be returning to the UK and was going to put all the goods on my list as a returning canadian resident.

Can we do this or do we have to do both lists on the first visit when we activate her PR??

Cheers, I ahve tried CBSA butu as yet can't find anyone who can tell me

UKCANUCK