goods to follow query

Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Default goods to follow query

hi hope someone can help me with this,its looking likely that im going to be going out to ottawa myself first while my wife and kids stay at home till the damn house sells,my query is when your filling in the goods to follow list do you have to be exact on the amount of boxes your going to be bringing over,not alot of our goods will be packed away as the family still have to use most of them while there still in scotland. they will pack as soon as the house sells, im not fussed about big things we,re taken cause ill no that anyway, but the amount of boxes i will just have to guess, is this ok for when i go over on my twp myself and show them my goods to follow list

many thanks
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goods to follow query

Originally Posted by sheera67
hi hope someone can help me with this,its looking likely that im going to be going out to ottawa myself first while my wife and kids stay at home till the damn house sells,my query is when your filling in the goods to follow list do you have to be exact on the amount of boxes your going to be bringing over,not alot of our goods will be packed away as the family still have to use most of them while there still in scotland. they will pack as soon as the house sells, im not fussed about big things we,re taken cause ill no that anyway, but the amount of boxes i will just have to guess, is this ok for when i go over on my twp myself and show them my goods to follow list

many thanks
Hi

This is how me and my hubby did it.

when he came out and got his TWP at the POE he did a general GTF list and explained that the goods werent going to be coming for a number of months.

Then when i did the final shipping when I was coming over I complete GTF as per the shippers documents.

HTH

Gaynor
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Its a good question

I listed exactly all the large items as you have suggested.

When it came to boxes I estimated the value and number of boxes.

This is just going to have to be good enough as there is really no other way to do it that I can think of.

How a retentive can these people get :-)
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Its a good question

I listed exactly all the large items as you have suggested.

When it came to boxes I estimated the value and number of boxes.

This is just going to have to be good enough as there is really no other way to do it that I can think of.

How a retentive can these people get :-)
when you land and go through customs just explain that GTF will follow someone else at a later date - you will be fine
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

i had a rough list of things and got the list entered at point of entry. when the stuff arrived the shippers had a more complete list , it was faxed to me , i went to customs in toronto and had the list amended got them to sign the release from cutoms and all was fine. i even went down 12 months later for an item of my sister had for me and i had it shipped , as it was on the list they allowed it through at no cost.