Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Goods to Follow...Proof of funds..

Wikiposts

Goods to Follow...Proof of funds..

Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough
Default Goods to Follow...Proof of funds..

Hi All
I know there have been several questions about 'Goods to follow' 'Proof of funds' so I hope this might help.
I landed in Toronto on 18/01/2008 and signed in as a Permanent Resident.. All that waiting, and in less than 5 minutes paperwork signed and done
I have yet to sell the house, so took with me as proof of funds a recent mortgage statement, and two house valuation. I also have paperwork from the estate agents regarding increase in house prices over last 5/10 years. I was also fully armed with my begging speech as I was aware this might not be good enough. When the question came from the immigration officer I thought about throwing up and running!!! I showed her my statement/valuation, and before I had a chance to beg she just very calmly asked, "OK, so how much roughly" I could have fallen off the chair. She wrote this down on my PR paperwork, and that was me done
Then to customs. I had with me ready prepared goods to follow list. Page one was a form B4 E(05). I ticked the 'Additional list of goods, box B4A' and the Goods to follow box Yes', together with a couple of forms B4A (05).
Again, five minutes of the customer officer ticking a few boxes, adding a file number and handing me a receipt and i was through.
Less than 15 mins start to finish.
Admittedly I took a bit of a chance with the proof of funds but had no choice at the time and it worked for me.
Canadian eh!!!
Cheers
Pete.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:49 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice
Default Re: Goods to Follow...Proof of funds..

congratulations!

You havent changed your location yet!

thats the first thing i would do!

good luck selling the house!

Karen
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:52 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Hi All
I know there have been several questions about 'Goods to follow' 'Proof of funds' so I hope this might help.
I landed in Toronto on 18/01/2008 and signed in as a Permanent Resident.. All that waiting, and in less than 5 minutes paperwork signed and done
I have yet to sell the house, so took with me as proof of funds a recent mortgage statement, and two house valuation. I also have paperwork from the estate agents regarding increase in house prices over last 5/10 years. I was also fully armed with my begging speech as I was aware this might not be good enough. When the question came from the immigration officer I thought about throwing up and running!!! I showed her my statement/valuation, and before I had a chance to beg she just very calmly asked, "OK, so how much roughly" I could have fallen off the chair. She wrote this down on my PR paperwork, and that was me done
Then to customs. I had with me ready prepared goods to follow list. Page one was a form B4 E(05). I ticked the 'Additional list of goods, box B4A' and the Goods to follow box Yes', together with a couple of forms B4A (05).
Again, five minutes of the customer officer ticking a few boxes, adding a file number and handing me a receipt and i was through.
Admittedly I took a bit of a chance with the proof of funds but had no choice at the time and it worked for me.
Canadian eh!!!
Cheers
Pete.
How did you get your Permanant res' on just the value of your house,I am at that point now and they are asking for unencumbered funds 'cash' to complete visa application,its a panic now to find 18 thousand dollars to prove we can support ourselves for 6 months?!We too have a unsold house hoping it will be sold for our move.
Eve
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:07 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by [email protected]
How did you get your Permanant res' on just the value of your house,I am at that point now and they are asking for unencumbered funds 'cash' to complete visa application,its a panic now to find 18 thousand dollars to prove we can support ourselves for 6 months?!We too have a unsold house hoping it will be sold for our move.
Eve
Only the London office will accept equity in a house as proof of funds.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bazzz
Only the London office will accept equity in a house as proof of funds.
The OP got very very lucky that the IO at "landing" accepted a house valuation as settlement funds. That shouldn't have happened.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

barclay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Hi All
Canadian eh!!!
Cheers
Pete.
great story , will bear it in mind , just need to sell my 4 million pound country retreat , or do i have a 1 bed flat errrm canadian you say !!!
regards barclay