Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Goods to follow listed items but not all

Goods to follow listed items but not all

Old Jan 25th 2017, 4:05 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goods to follow listed items but not all

Question for those who know.

I'm heading back to the UK for two weeks will be bringing an extra suitcase back with some belongings - mainly clothing, shoes, bags and some travel journals that I created - none of this stuff is brand new.

I have already done a goods to follow list, which includes these items but listed as '1 box of clothing, 2 boxes of shoes' etc but obviously I'm not bringing it all back.

Would it be a good idea to bring my completed goods to follow and advise customs I'm only bringing some of it in that's listed or is there a better way?

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2017, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow listed items but not all

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Question for those who know.

I'm heading back to the UK for two weeks will be bringing an extra suitcase back with some belongings - mainly clothing, shoes, bags and some travel journals that I created - none of this stuff is brand new.

I have already done a goods to follow list, which includes these items but listed as '1 box of clothing, 2 boxes of shoes' etc but obviously I'm not bringing it all back.

Would it be a good idea to bring my completed goods to follow and advise customs I'm only bringing some of it in that's listed or is there a better way?

Thanks
I am interested I the answer too! I would guess that you can take your 'goods to follow' form and point to the items on that that you are now brining in??
Old Jan 25th 2017, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Take the list of goods to follow that was stamped on landing and just tell CBSA that the goods you are now bringing in were declared on that list.

As the goods are used and are of nominal value CBSA won't be that interested as opposed to bringing in a shiny Rolex watch that was previously not declared or just declared as a watch
Old Jan 26th 2017, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute

No one at the POE stamped our Goods to Follow list. :-/
I'm worried for when we bring things over like you- with the odd trip back to the UK or the odd box being shipped. :-/
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:34 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Take the list of goods to follow that was stamped on landing and just tell CBSA that the goods you are now bringing in were declared on that list.

As the goods are used and are of nominal value CBSA won't be that interested as opposed to bringing in a shiny Rolex watch that was previously not declared or just declared as a watch
Great thanks. Do I just write done on my landing form that I have things to declare and then go to the customs area?