Goods to follow list on TWP

Old Jan 9th 2014, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goods to follow list on TWP

Husband and myself currently in Canada having arrived on a TWP in July and wasn't planning on shipping goods across as we weren't sure we were staying - so was storing them at a friends.
However the situation has changed - employer was only willing to pay for the shipping if we did it by the end of this month so we have just had to load them up and ship them across after all - doing it groupage so not expecting them to arrive until at least 4 months from now,. It is all personal goods, used and older than 12 months.

We are just about to lodge a PNP application in the next couple of days.
How do I go about providing a Goods to Follow list? Can/should I even do this now?
Old Jan 9th 2014, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow list on TWP

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Husband and myself currently in Canada having arrived on a TWP in July and wasn't planning on shipping goods across as we weren't sure we were staying - so was storing them at a friends.
However the situation has changed - employer was only willing to pay for the shipping if we did it by the end of this month so we have just had to load them up and ship them across after all - doing it groupage so not expecting them to arrive until at least 4 months from now,. It is all personal goods, used and older than 12 months.

We are just about to lodge a PNP application in the next couple of days.
How do I go about providing a Goods to Follow list? Can/should I even do this now?
Are we talking about a full household of goods or just a few items/boxes.
As you are on a TWP then the goods being shipped should be declared with a copy of your TWP attached. As you are only temporary residents the goods are supposed to leave Canada. Once the goods arrive you will clear them at your local Customs office where you will go with your list and copy of the TWP.
Have a read over this link
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5082-eng.html
Old Jan 9th 2014, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Are we talking about a full household of goods or just a few items/boxes.
As you are on a TWP then the goods being shipped should be declared with a copy of your TWP attached. As you are only temporary residents the goods are supposed to leave Canada. Once the goods arrive you will clear them at your local Customs office where you will go with your list and copy of the TWP.
Have a read over this link
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5082-eng.html
Thanks FL - I read the booklet but my concern was that we should have provided the list at the first point of entry, which we didn't do.

It's about 6 cubic metres of stuff -we sold all the big items of furniture and all but a couple of items of electrical goods in Australia so mainly boxes of books/DVD's/CD's, ornaments, personal documents etc. I do have a full detailed inventory of everything.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Thanks FL - I read the booklet but my concern was that we should have provided the list at the first point of entry, which we didn't do.

It's about 6 cubic metres of stuff -we sold all the big items of furniture and all but a couple of items of electrical goods in Australia so mainly boxes of books/DVD's/CD's, ornaments, personal documents etc. I do have a full detailed inventory of everything.
The goods to follow list isn't really applicable in your case as at the moment you are not moving here permanently. You are still treated as a temporary resident/visitor. As long as the goods are declared and a list is provided when clearing them thats is all that is required.
The GTF mainly applies to those becoming PRs or moving back to Canada.
don't worry about it.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The goods to follow list isn't really applicable in your case as at the moment you are not moving here permanently. You are still treated as a temporary resident/visitor. As long as the goods are declared and a list is provided when clearing them thats is all that is required.
The GTF mainly applies to those becoming PRs or moving back to Canada.
don't worry about it.
Thankyou. (I'm just a chronic worrier )