Wikiposts

goods to follow list and b4 form

Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default goods to follow list and b4 form

I landed on Sunday in vancouver and proceeded to the border control for new immigrants desk.
The officer processed my visa and I also showed him a list of goods to follow.
My understanding was that he would complete a B4 Personal effects accounting document form, assign a file number and give me a copy of the form as a receipt.
He did not do so and told me that I had to present my detailed list when collecting my goods.
Im a little worried now that something may go wrong could someone please help me.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 3:29 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: goods to follow list and b4 form

Dont worry. Just look at the list below.

CANADA CUSTOMS CLEARANCE INFORMATION -
ALL DOCUMENTATION TO BE IN EITHER ENGLISH OR FRENCH

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR IMMIGRANTS IN CANADA:

- Original Casual Goods Accounting Document/B4E (if received from Canada customs upon arrival in Canada)
- Immigration Papers
- Packing List (English/French)
- Passport
- Liquor Permit (if you are bringing liquor into Canada)
- Insurance Valuation form (English/French)

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RETURNING CANADIAN CITIZENS:

- Original Casual Goods Accounting Document/B4E (if received upon arrival in Canada)
- Passport
- Insurance Valuation form (English/French
- Proof of residency outside of Canada for more than 1 year (i.e. rent receipts, letter from employer stating dates of employment, bank statements etc.) **Passport is not sufficient**

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PERSONS ON WORK PERMIT:

- Work Permit
- Letter / Contract from employer
- Original Casual Goods Accounting Document/B4E (if received upon arrival in Canada)
- Passport

DOCUMENTS FOR INHERITED SHIPMENTS:

- Passport
- Copy of Will/Testament or Notary letter confirming right of inheritance that goods are not contested from any other party and Death Certificate
- If inheritance is from a living person you must submit verification that the person has broken up home (i.e. letter from Doctor, hospital or senior residence

Hope this helps
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the list from the removal company do or will it have to be more in depth ?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:05 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kullymack
I landed on Sunday in vancouver and proceeded to the border control for new immigrants desk.
The officer processed my visa and I also showed him a list of goods to follow.
My understanding was that he would complete a B4 Personal effects accounting document form, assign a file number and give me a copy of the form as a receipt.
He did not do so and told me that I had to present my detailed list when collecting my goods.
Im a little worried now that something may go wrong could someone please help me.
We are landing in 3 days time ourselves and I have the same worry. My understanding is also that the Goods to Follow list should be given a barcode which will correspond with the barcode on the immigration Officer's copy of the list when our goods finally arrive. Is this in fact not the case?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We are landing at Vancouver on Friday, staying for week and coming back for 2 years. We have done the goods to follow forms, but it seems they are not interested in it if you are coming back again and using shippers when you finally make the move.

What's a Packing List!? Is this goods accompanying? If so, assume we don't need that as we are taking it all home again.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:34 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
We are landing at Vancouver on Friday, staying for week and coming back for 2 years. We have done the goods to follow forms, but it seems they are not interested in it if you are coming back again and using shippers when you finally make the move.

What's a Packing List!? Is this goods accompanying? If so, assume we don't need that as we are taking it all home again.
Maybe we'll be on the same flight - or at least landing at the same airport! Are you flying from Manchester?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We're flying from Gatwick to Vancouver around 10ish I think, may be there same time as you!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

qman8166 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys

When we landed in Calgary in August, we had 3 copies of our goods to follow list prepared.
We gave them 2 copies and they attached a sticky bar code to all 3, and gave us one copy back.
We took the time to prepare our goods to follow on an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns, description, ser no (if poss) and canadian estimated value.

They were very happy with that.

When we load our goods in Jan, our removal company will attempt to match our predictions ( based on their advice) to the actual packing.

Hope that helps

Mike
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:00 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by qman8166
Hi guys

When we landed in Calgary in August, we had 3 copies of our goods to follow list prepared.
We gave them 2 copies and they attached a sticky bar code to all 3, and gave us one copy back.
We took the time to prepare our goods to follow on an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns, description, ser no (if poss) and canadian estimated value.

They were very happy with that.

When we load our goods in Jan, our removal company will attempt to match our predictions ( based on their advice) to the actual packing.

Hope that helps

Mike
Thanks for the information. It seems to depend on who you get as an Immigration Officer as to what happens. I have to say that my understanding from the official website is that they should stick a barcode on at least 2 copies and we would retain one for when the goods arrive. If they don't do this automatically, has anyone asked them for a barcode and succeeded?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:14 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
We are landing in 3 days time ourselves and I have the same worry. My understanding is also that the Goods to Follow list should be given a barcode which will correspond with the barcode on the immigration Officer's copy of the list when our goods finally arrive. Is this in fact not the case?
The bar code you are talking about is on the Manifest your shipper will give you. You take this to Customs, if you have a B4 all well and good but they will be OK without it. just tell them the airport didnt issue one, they are used to that. If you have a valued packing list you could take that, other wise just the packing list your shipper gave you. Make sure it is clear, if you get a Customs officer who is having a bad day and cant read an item on the list you stand a chance of him/her not stamping it.

Its not as daunting as it appears and your shipper should help you with it. Make sure you get the manifest from your shipper.