Goods to follow list

Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goods to follow list

Hey All,

Hopefully I will have my visa validated in Feb 2008, when I travel to Toronto on Hols, we arrive on my Birthday and thought that would be a great day to officially have it stamped.

As yet we do not know quite when we may move over for good.

I presume and this could be a stupid question, a goods to follow list can be submitted could be presented on a later journey.

Stupid question I know, but just wanted to check

Rob
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow list

if i got the idea of the goods to follow list right it is meant a) to let you as a newly arriving canadian resident import your household goods tax and duty free and b) to be presented and stamped by cbsa when you enter canada the first time under the according status. for permanent residents this means at the time of landing.

i know that people on here imported stuff that wasn't on their gtf list that got stamped at their landing... and the shipping company here who did the custom clearing for me asked explicitly about that as well. which means to me it can be done. but if i'm not very much mistaken it's not according to the rules. and i imaging it can be quite a bit of hassle and/or costly too... (depending on the mood of the cbsa officer who does the clearing as well?)

and tell me... does it matter if you write your list now or in three months??? see it as a end of the year inventory of your worldly possessions...
i would suggest anyway that you write down everything that you might bring over - nobody cares if you change your mind and give it away in the uk or dump it there or whatever. but you save yourself a lot of hassle if you have it on the list even if you don't think of bringing it over - and later decide to do so.

hope that helps?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hammerhead786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goods to follow list

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Hey All,

Hopefully I will have my visa validated in Feb 2008, when I travel to Toronto on Hols, we arrive on my Birthday and thought that would be a great day to officially have it stamped.

As yet we do not know quite when we may move over for good.

I presume and this could be a stupid question, a goods to follow list can be submitted could be presented on a later journey.

Stupid question I know, but just wanted to check

Rob
Hi Rob,

If you're going to land as a PR in Toronto, then you will need your goods to follow list. The goods accompanied/goods to follow lists are only required when you're making it official. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong folks.

Regards,
H