goods to follow or follow goods

Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future
Default goods to follow or follow goods

Hello Hello,

at the risk of sounding ridiculous or asking a question that has already been answered a zillion times or more.

if i have friends already in Canada and im planning to courier what little belongings i have over to Canada and then carry the rest with me when i travel..... can i start sending thing over to my friend's address prior to my flight? as long as theyre all listed on the goods to follow list so to speak...
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goods to follow or follow goods

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
Hello Hello,

at the risk of sounding ridiculous or asking a question that has already been answered a zillion times or more.

if i have friends already in Canada and im planning to courier what little belongings i have over to Canada and then carry the rest with me when i travel..... can i start sending thing over to my friend's address prior to my flight? as long as theyre all listed on the goods to follow list so to speak...
Only if you don't mind your friends having to pay duty and tax on them.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by siouxie
Only if you don't mind your friends having to pay duty and tax on them.
REALLY!! hmm ok looks like theyll follow me then. god i hate doing this on my own at times although in fairness BE members have become like my other half in all this
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

REALLY!! hmm ok looks like theyll follow me then. god i hate doing this on my own at times although in fairness BE members have become like my other half in all this
Unfortunately, if you are sending items by courier (even after your goods to follow list is submitted) there is a possibility that they will attract both tax and duty as nobody is going to know (when it arrives in Canada) that the items are on your goods to follow list.

Have you considered either paying for an extra luggage allowance or sending your stuff by air cargo on the same flight - that way you will have everything at the same time and none of it will be subject to taxes or duty.

Stay strong - it will get easier
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
Unfortunately, if you are sending items by courier (even after your goods to follow list is submitted) there is a possibility that they will attract both tax and duty as nobody is going to know (when it arrives in Canada) that the items are on your goods to follow list.

Have you considered either paying for an extra luggage allowance or sending your stuff by air cargo on the same flight - that way you will have everything at the same time and none of it will be subject to taxes or duty.

Stay strong - it will get easier
i was hoping i could identify them on the label somewhere that they are goods to follow. if i sort out extra luggage allowance or air cargo ill struggle as i need to get on a small mountain plane from calgary or vancouver to my end destination so it probably wont end up on same flight and then ill have to manage transport to and from the airport ill probably already have 3 suitcases. so im imagining courier will work out cheaper and easier. ive seen a couple of threads on here that have mentioned doing it that way when they only have a few boxes i reckon ill have about 6 or seven with books, personal and kitchen stuff in
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

ive been on wiki, i may get charged duty and tax if i post but as long as they're on my goods to follow list i can claim back.
i forgot how much info there is on there im having to re read everything to refresh my brain. so much to do
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:54 am
Banned

ive been on wiki, i may get charged duty and tax if i post but as long as they're on my goods to follow list i can claim back.
i forgot how much info there is on there im having to re read everything to refresh my brain. so much to do
Ah! well that is great news! Sorry, I hadn't read that bit of the wiki (slapped wrist for me) - so I am glad that you did.