Wikiposts

Goods to follow

Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice
Default Goods to follow

Hi all,
I will be landing in a few weeks and my wife a few days later with 2 dogs.
I am the main applicant and we are on an LMO with TWP/SOWP.
We have a container arriving sometime after we both land.

With regards to the goods to follow list, which we plan to fill out before we land.

1) as I will be landing first, do I have to include the luggage my wife will be carrying or just my own?

2) do I have to include the 2 dogs she will be bringing?

3) does my wife have to include the container that will be arriving in her list as I would also be listing this myself?

Many thanks in advance.

Stu.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow

Tips.... 1) get serial numbers for your electronics before your packers come in and pack everything...

2) If you are using a care of address for your dogs make *sure* you use your name with their address... I hit problems with this. Sorted quickly but added unnecessary stress.

In answer to your questions
1) I think you will each need to do a good accompanying list. They barely looked at it so don't stress about it.

2) On the white card you get from the airline there is a tick box for animals - tick it. We ticked it and our dog wasn't arriving for a few days - it got a big black DOG written all over it in at POE so to be on the safe side I would say yes.

3) I doubt it - someone else will confirm.

When we got to customs - they actually said as we were coming over on TWP we didn't actually need a gtf list and they didn't really look at it.

Are you packing it all yourself? we had a movers inventory which took all of the leg work out of it.

Are your dogs on the same flight? if not allow 3 hours to sort and allow an age to find the place even with a sat nav. Road to freight centre has been closed and it's a long way around the ariport with tiny roads a sat nav won't know. We got there at 3.30 and didn't walk away with pooch until after 6.

Good luck! Am sure FL will answer your questions for defo. PM him and he can send you the links for GTF and Goods Accompanying list. That's what we did.

Seriously everyone is so nice and helpful - don't worry about it - if unsure ask at POE. We did and they were so accommodating about it all. Girl at Immigration was uber serious but still very pleasant. Have since had contact with CBSA and again - lovely.

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Hi all,
I will be landing in a few weeks and my wife a few days later with 2 dogs.
I am the main applicant and we are on an LMO with TWP/SOWP.
We have a container arriving sometime after we both land.

With regards to the goods to follow list, which we plan to fill out before we land.

1) as I will be landing first, do I have to include the luggage my wife will be carrying or just my own?

2) do I have to include the 2 dogs she will be bringing?

3) does my wife have to include the container that will be arriving in her list as I would also be listing this myself?

Many thanks in advance.

Stu.

Last edited by Geordie Lass; Mar 14th 2012 at 1:40 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Thanks geordie lass, so glad all went ok for you all. I got pre approved for TWP from high commission in London and only took 3 weeks instead of the 10 stated.
So hoping when I arrive at POE it should be pretty straight forward
Dogs will be accompanying my wife 2 days after me.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

As you are not classified as a settler then legally no goods to follow list is required. As you have a container arriving later I would make up a list of goods that you are bringing.
Your OH can declare the dogs when she arrives.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks former lancastrian, just to clarify, I can list GTF for my container and my OH is not required to do this.
I don't mention dogs and my OH does.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No need to mention the dogs as your OH is bringing them.
Personally I would make up a list of GTF as you will need to have them cleared later. Normally the person goes to the Customs Office where they are living near with the list and a copy of the TWP to clear the goods.
If someone else is clearing the goods give them a copy of the GTF and a copy of the TWP.
The GTF list is used to identify the goods in the container so Customs can decide if to examine it and that the goods are consistent with the person importing them and their use.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Former Lancastrian, again, you are a great help.
Many thanks.