Goods to follow

Old May 31st 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

blueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant future
Default Goods to follow

I dare say this has been discussed in previous threads but I've left things too late to trawl through a forum search (the packers are practically knocking on the door).

What are the forms B4E & B4A used for? Is one for goods to follow and the other for goods imported with me?

I have made an inventory for the goods to follow on a spreadsheet. Can I use instead of filling in the details on whatever form I am supposed to use?

Cheers

Russ...
Old May 31st 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Goods to follow

Form B4E can be used for both Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow, you fill out 1 copy for goods accompanying and 1 copy for goods to follow. There is a tick box to identify which one of the lists is goods to follow.

Form B4A is a continuation sheet to B4E, again this can be used for both Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow.

If you have made a list on a spreadsheet then I believe you can use this when you land.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blueRussell
I dare say this has been discussed in previous threads but I've left things too late to trawl through a forum search (the packers are practically knocking on the door).

What are the forms B4E & B4A used for? Is one for goods to follow and the other for goods imported with me?

I have made an inventory for the goods to follow on a spreadsheet. Can I use instead of filling in the details on whatever form I am supposed to use?

Cheers

Russ...
Try this link, there's loads on this thread, you may find what you're looking for

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=b4e+b4a
Old May 31st 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

blueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
Form B4E can be used for both Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow, you fill out 1 copy for goods accompanying and 1 copy for goods to follow. There is a tick box to identify which one of the lists is goods to follow.

Form B4A is a continuation sheet to B4E, again this can be used for both Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow.

If you have made a list on a spreadsheet then I believe you can use this when you land.
Thanks.

It just goes to show, read the forms more carefully and all will be come clear!

Russ...
Old May 31st 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

I got confused about the same thing.
We ended up doing one set of both forms for goods accompanied, and another set for goods to follow. But the shippers preferred us to use the mover's inventory for the goods to follow. So we did the front sheet and attached the inventory with a list of values against each box.
No one even glanced at the goods accompanied. The goods to follow wasn't of any interest either until we went to the shipping agents and they ran through it as they are clearing customs for us.
Hope that helps. We only landed on Sunday, so it's all fresh with us at the mo', any questions, give us a shout.
PS Landing in Vancouver was a positive experience - very pleasant people to deal with.