Goods to Follow

Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:11 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goods to Follow

My husband is busily logging on the computer all goods to follow which we intend printing and taking with us. I have been looking back on previous posts for goods to follow and came across one quoting forms B4A and B4E - but they appear to have changed.

My question is do we have to fill out these official forms (if so what are their new numbers) or will our own home produced lists suffice?

Many thanks for your help/advice.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:36 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Goods to Follow

No - they must be the official forms which will (and must be) stamped as you come into the country. Not imperative that they are stamped as it is possible to get it done later but it is far better that they do it on landing. If they do not look at the official forms when you do immigration go to the customs section, you may not be told to do this but it will make life easier. If you do not use the official forms they will make you copy everything over to the official forms before stamping them.

I found the forms on CIC - best to get the latest from the official site to be safe.

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
My husband is busily logging on the computer all goods to follow which we intend printing and taking with us. I have been looking back on previous posts for goods to follow and came across one quoting forms B4A and B4E - but they appear to have changed.

My question is do we have to fill out these official forms (if so what are their new numbers) or will our own home produced lists suffice?

Many thanks for your help/advice.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:52 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Goods to Follow

Originally Posted by Airseir
No - they must be the official forms which will (and must be) stamped as you come into the country. Not imperative that they are stamped as it is possible to get it done later but it is far better that they do it on landing. If they do not look at the official forms when you do immigration go to the customs section, you may not be told to do this but it will make life easier. If you do not use the official forms they will make you copy everything over to the official forms before stamping them.

I found the forms on CIC - best to get the latest from the official site to be safe.
Thank you very much, I have a lot of writing to do!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:20 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Dont know if it helps but I printed forms out then scanned back into computer, then used excel to make a table same size as tables on scanned sheets. I typed all the goods into table, and overlayed on scanned sheets. Then made two copies. We landed on Saturday, and apart form having a not very friendly customs official, the forms were stamped OK.
Do remember to write all serial codes of electrical / computer equipment , and contents of each box. ie 50 CD's - Box of clothes 40 items. This isi how they said they wanted them to be now. Also I forgot to total the columns, so she had to do it and it did take a bit of time, I could have saved.

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Thank you very much, I have a lot of writing to do!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:35 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Also worth mentioning

I was told (4 months after landing when it was stamped) that if when goods arrive - if there are any questions it will make life easier if you have photos of items showing them in your residence - that way they know it is true domestic stuff you are bringing over and also stuff (highly technical term) that you did have in your old house. Fortunatly I have pics for insurance purposes following a previous burglary for the same reasons (loss adjusters are heartless in the UK)

Originally Posted by gooding
Dont know if it helps but I printed forms out then scanned back into computer, then used excel to make a table same size as tables on scanned sheets. I typed all the goods into table, and overlayed on scanned sheets. Then made two copies. We landed on Saturday, and apart form having a not very friendly customs official, the forms were stamped OK.
Do remember to write all serial codes of electrical / computer equipment , and contents of each box. ie 50 CD's - Box of clothes 40 items. This isi how they said they wanted them to be now. Also I forgot to total the columns, so she had to do it and it did take a bit of time, I could have saved.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:55 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Note: expensive jewellery should always be photographed, have receipts and valuation/description of VERY expensive jewellery plus serial number of item.

Useful to keep whatever receipts you have handy just in case, but it has been suggested that you 'lose' receipts for anything less than a year old as I believe this should have duty paid on it for some bizarre reason.

Rich.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:55 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by gooding
Yes that thought came to me last night, but not being a dab hand at the old scanning/excel business it will probably take a while but will definitely try it. It is very difficult to put things like serial numbers down, especially when hubby built the computers, the lap top no problem. We also have photographs of high value items, although not too many of them left after two break-ins, not worth the heart ache of losing them, and will definitely take photographs showing things around the home.

thank you everyone for your help.