Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Goods accompanying question, folks

Goods accompanying question, folks

Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:11 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods accompanying question, folks

We have our Goods to follow list now complete - we really copied it from the moving inverntory teh packers left

Now we are trying to tackle the stuff going in our suitcases.

If we wrote it like this would it be ok:

Clothes
Kitchen utensils - dont ask
shoes & boots
towels & bedding
costume jewellery
cosmetics

Is that what we need and to place a value in $.

Also at the bottom of th B4 E form where it says "Signed at"...what do we put in there and where it says "on" do we put todays date?

And at the top of the form where is says Country of origin - do we put Northern Ireland and what at country of export. Also do we put our Canadian address for "Importers Address"?

Sorry for the dumb questions.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods accompanying question, folks

Originally Posted by Alvic
We have our Goods to follow list now complete - we really copied it from the moving inverntory teh packers left

Now we are trying to tackle the stuff going in our suitcases.

If we wrote it like this would it be ok:

Clothes
Kitchen utensils - dont ask
shoes & boots
towels & bedding
costume jewellery
cosmetics

Is that what we need and to place a value in $.

Also at the bottom of th B4 E form where it says "Signed at"...what do we put in there and where it says "on" do we put todays date?

And at the top of the form where is says Country of origin - do we put Northern Ireland and what at country of export. Also do we put our Canadian address for "Importers Address"?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Hi Dumb questioner

That is exactly what I did with my goods to follow - just put kids clothes 1 x suitcase etc. The Signed at will be your POE is I remember correctly and the date is the date you sign it - most probably the date you fly.

Put S.Ireland as the country of export and the address you will be importing to will be your new Canadian Address.

Pretty sure that you are coming on a TWP if I remember correctly - to be honest after hours of worrying about my GTF forms CBSA didnt really bother to look when I landed they were bothered about the GTF when I claimed my container. The goods in possession was even bothered about

Good Luck darling

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Dumb questioner

That is exactly what I did with my goods to follow - just put kids clothes 1 x suitcase etc. The Signed at will be your POE is I remember correctly and the date is the date you sign it - most probably the date you fly.

Put S.Ireland as the country of export and the address you will be importing to will be your new Canadian Address.

Pretty sure that you are coming on a TWP if I remember correctly - to be honest after hours of worrying about my GTF forms CBSA didnt really bother to look when I landed they were bothered about the GTF when I claimed my container. The goods in possession was even bothered about

Good Luck darling

Gaynor
x
Hi Gay - thanks for the help as usual, I remember you saying that CBSA hardly even looked at your lists:curse:

One thing - can I sign the form now or do we have to sign it at Calgary aiport in front of them?

Oh...I'm leaving N Ireland not S Ireland my dear

Cant believe we have only two full days left here
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:52 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sign it now , you do it at the airport. Chances are they will not even look at it.

Tried to send you karma but it won't let me , that tells me that you've had to put up with far too much
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to say what Zoe said above - I left mine to sign infront of the officials this side

Good luck again Al

gaynor
x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:44 am

I have just completed, in the fillable version, the B4 E form, of goods accompanying but when I open the second, B4 A form and type, when I hit return or tab to got o the next line it is messing the first typed words up and changing them to having lots of bold shadows

As you can tell I am not particularly computer minded and dont know how to fix this??
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alvic
I have just completed, in the fillable version, the B4 E form, of goods accompanying but when I open the second, B4 A form and type, when I hit return or tab to got o the next line it is messing the first typed words up and changing them to having lots of bold shadows

As you can tell I am not particularly computer minded and dont know how to fix this??
It did this with me Al so I just left it - you could just make out what it said CBSA never said a thing about it either when I went to claim container
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Daft question maybe but can't find the answer to it.

Does someone entering on workpermit need goods to follow document?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Daft question maybe but can't find the answer to it.

Does someone entering on workpermit need goods to follow document?
Hi YYZ

If you are entering Canda on a TWP then you will need a list of Goods to Follow and also Goods in Possession.

Both of these can be completed on the B4 forms which are in the WIKI section for Canada and the only difference when completing them is that you have to tick a box which says GTF or in possession.

However, just to contradict myself when I landed with my TWP CBSA werent interested in the GTF forms until I went to claim my container.

HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi YYZ

If you are entering Canda on a TWP then you will need a list of Goods to Follow and also Goods in Possession.
/../
HTH

Gaynor
x
HTH? Sh!t! It was precisely the answer I was hoping NOT to get. As the smart plan is to have a list and put everything on it just in case, you just gave me a major head ache! I have half a container in UK which contents I can hardly recollect. Here in Sweden half a barn on my parents farm is filled with antiques and heirlooms and gifts and collectibles of mine.

HTH? (yes I know what it means). Now I have even MORE things to do.

ARGH!!!!

*running away from computer screaming!*
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

according to the wiki article goods to follow you only need to do the list if you are pr status and not a twp i hope i have got that right as ,i will not have a goods to follow list as my oh is stopping in uk for a while im coming to canada on twp
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by redarmy990
according to the wiki article goods to follow you only need to do the list if you are pr status and not a twp i hope i have got that right as ,i will not have a goods to follow list as my oh is stopping in uk for a while im coming to canada on twp
Well I have both my forms filled in now and I'm taking them with me
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YYZlover
*running away from computer screaming!*

Originally Posted by redarmy990
I do beg to argue here with you redarmy.

If you are coming to live in Canada either as a PR or on a TWP then CBSA require you to complete the B4's and declare to them that your shipment is legitimate etc - unless it has changed since Sept 07

Gaynor
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I do beg to argue here with you redarmy.

If you are coming to live in Canada either as a PR or on a TWP then CBSA require you to complete the B4's and declare to them that your shipment is legitimate etc - unless it has changed since Sept 07

Gaynor

Oh Gaynor, do shut up! I was just about to decide that Redarmy was correct and you butt in and spoil things - again!!!!!

*mumbles expletives not suitable for an open forum*

So, you need to provide a GTF thingy at TWP but when you get PR after that you do it again? That would save me some time.

Gaynor - you have a gag order!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:54 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Mal showed both our lists to customs when he landed and they folded them up and put them in his passport without even looking at them.

We have the lists dated and signed so hopefully when we do bring our goods over they shouldn't be any problems but I'm not holding my breath

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.