Goods Accompanying & To Follow

Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Goods Accompanying & To Follow

Hi All

I am very excited that I shall be making the move to Canada on Saturday the 4th of February. It isn't a 'landing' trip, it's the real deal. I cannot wait.

Forgive me for posting this question here but I just want a bit of extra clarity regarding the goods documents.

I see in the Wiki they are listed there - do I have to use those forms? hurlabrick very kindly emailed me over his spreadsheet that he will be using. Will this suffice? I don't want any final hick ups getting in the way!

Also, I have nothing 'To Follow'. My fiance is in Canada already and we already have everything we need to function so to speak. All I will have is the stuff I'm bringing with me on the day. Should I just fill in the 'to follow' section as 'none'?

Thanks guys.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods Accompanying & To Follow

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Hi All

I am very excited that I shall be making the move to Canada on Saturday the 4th of February. It isn't a 'landing' trip, it's the real deal. I cannot wait.

Forgive me for posting this question here but I just want a bit of extra clarity regarding the goods documents.

I see in the Wiki they are listed there - do I have to use those forms? hurlabrick very kindly emailed me over his spreadsheet that he will be using. Will this suffice? I don't want any final hick ups getting in the way!

Also, I have nothing 'To Follow'. My fiance is in Canada already and we already have everything we need to function so to speak. All I will have is the stuff I'm bringing with me on the day. Should I just fill in the 'to follow' section as 'none'?

Thanks guys.

Have you seen the wiki article here?:

Goods To Follow-Canada : British Expat Wiki

In particular the 'Quick Clarification' section about a quarter of the way down. They say twice in different colours that you do not have to complete the CIC forms beforehand. Handwritten or typed lists are fine (I simply did my own typed list in their format for fun!),

If you have no goods to follow, then you can verbally tell them that, they may write a 'nil' list (but probably not).
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:39 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods Accompanying & To Follow

As Hurl said, read the wiki, and also check out the Examples section - there's a link to the screenshots of the spreadsheet that I used for our landing as well.

And if you don't have anything to follow then just tell him that, you aren't the first! It's pretty common.