Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Good skills/job to have to move to Canada

Good skills/job to have to move to Canada

Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

whydoesitalwaysrainonme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good skills/job to have to move to Canada

I am aware that you can (i think) gain citizenship under some sort of 'skilled workers' scheme, but i was wondering what skills would they be looking for?
cheers Jamie
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:36 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good skills/job to have to move to Canada

Check the CIC's website at www.cic.gc.ca
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good skills/job to have to move to Canada

Originally Posted by whydoesitalwaysrainonme
I am aware that you can (i think) gain citizenship under some sort of 'skilled workers' scheme, but i was wondering what skills would they be looking for?
cheers Jamie
Just to clarify, you cannot gain citizenship immediately via a Skilled Worker visa - you would gain Permanent Residency. After 1072 days of PR in Canada, you would then be eligible for citizenship, and the same applies to anybody that has got PR via another route i.e. family sponsorship, PNP programme, etc.

As for the Skilled Worker visa, you need to have a minimum of 67 points (self assessment test on the CIC website), proof of funds, pass a medical, no recent criminal record and either be in a job on the list of 38 'occupations in demand' or to have a job offer in a Skill Level O, A or B job approved by HRSDC. The list of 38 occupations is here.............................http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

For future reference, all of this info is in the Wiki (on blue bar on top of page) which is a veritable mine of information and should answer most of your immigration related questions.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 30th 2009 at 9:09 am.