Good news

Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future
Default Good news

Weeeeee heeeeeee!

We have just had our passport requests!!!!
I know that we still have to wait for our visas but I'm soooooo excited! This might be our last Christmas in the Uk after all!

I'm going to spend all evening looking at property and job websites with a large glass of wine!

In fact, I am so excited that I posted this on the U.S immigration forum by mistake!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:52 am
Tokyo, Japan

Watcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good news

Congradulations and best of luck.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

congrates!!!! Where are you planning on living in Canada?

Best of luck to you!
Originally Posted by Rachelmark
Weeeeee heeeeeee!

I know that we still have to wait for our visas but I'm soooooo excited! This might be our last Christmas in the Uk after all!

I'm going to spend all evening looking at property and job websites with a large glass of wine!

In fact, I am so excited that I posted this on the U.S immigration forum by mistake!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vietcan
congrates!!!! Where are you planning on living in Canada?

Best of luck to you!

I don't know!!!
We originally wanted to settle in Vancouver, especially after we visited last year, but after reading posts on these forums, I am getting more and more worried about unemployment. We heard that Calgary was one of the up and coming financial centres (hubby works for large banking company in UK) so we have started investigating there too. Worried about the weather there also. Tonight's forecast for Wales (where we currently live) is snow and temps of -2 to -4. That's cold to me!!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:00 am
Just Joined

rexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonight's forecast for Wales (where we currently live) is snow and temps of -2 to -4. That's cold to me!!!
Forget it. Dont come to Canada. You will not survive the winter here LOL

just a j/k
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rexx
Forget it. Dont come to Canada. You will not survive the winter here LOL

just a j/k

I'm planning to stand outside if it does snow, just to aclimatise myself!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:20 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Weeeeee heeeeeee!

CONGRATS

Pleased to hear your news. Have a drink for us too whilest you are at it!!!!!

Best Wishes, Tanya & Steve
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

If you think -2 is cold don't go to Calgary LOL. I'm from a town called Abbotsford, it's about an hour east of Vancouver. It's a nice place to live, but I'm not sure about employment. It depents on what you feild of work is. I was a lifeskills counseller and I had plenty of work. As far as weather, it's pretty good. Winter 5-10c (sometimes below zero) and summer 25-28c (sometimes over 30c) Winters are kinda rainy, but it's not to bad. If you like the mountains, stay in BC. If you like to ski, stay in BC. If you like to golf, stay in BC. LOL (I'm sure calgary would be nice too) Good luck.

I don't know!!!
We originally wanted to settle in Vancouver, especially after we visited last year, but after reading posts on these forums, I am getting more and more worried about unemployment. We heard that Calgary was one of the up and coming financial centres (hubby works for large banking company in UK) so we have started investigating there too. Worried about the weather there also. Tonight's forecast for Wales (where we currently live) is snow and temps of -2 to -4. That's cold to me!!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Weeeeee heeeeeee!
Congrats, great news, London is active after all.

What was your timeline, category etc...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smitp11
Congrats, great news, London is active after all.

What was your timeline, category etc...

Have now just about recovered from the celebration last night! so here is our timeline.

Applied skilled worker October 2003
AOR January 2004
Medicals May 2005
RPR fee sent October 2005
PPR November 2005

don't know about the rest yet!!

We used a consultant who was excellent, however, if I had found these forums beforehand, I would have applied direct ourselves- we just wanted someone else to worry about the forms and documents. We were also rather slow, as we nearly decided not to continue with the applications before our medicals, as two of our children were refusing to go, and although they are 19 and 16, I could not leave them behind. We had our medicals in Birmingham, as they were much cheaper that our nearest centres (Cardiff and Bristol) and with five of us, we saved a lot of money.

We have flights booked to land in Toronto in March 2006 as we are not able to move until we have sold our house in Cardiff. We hope to be living in Canada by Christmas 2006!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:10 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vietcan
If you like the mountains, stay in BC. If you like to ski, stay in BC. If you like to golf, stay in BC. Good luck.
In the Okanagan area of BC we get 'mild' winters in Canadian terms but not mild compared to Vancouver and the Lower Mainland region, which is always a fair bit warmer.

It's been down to -5 recently overnight here and is due to hit -20 middle of next week. But that's exceptional and only the night-time low, daytime is due to be -8 or thereabouts. Which still may be unbearable to some.

IMHO winter weather and your level of likely adaptability to it is a reality check for immigrating.

Rich.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations you must be exstatic! there isnt anywhere in Canada thats going to feel so cold during the winter that you want to die LOL! even in Vancouver its a different cold!

We had our first snow dumping on Thursday looks so pretty but is bloody cold!

I first came in April in the spring so i had a full 3 seasons to get used to it before the winter hit. after my first winter I didnt know if id survive another one but this is my third and im slowly getting this whole Canadian art of 'layering'. and my Grandma sending me lots of Marks and Sparks long johns, an essential item to pack TRUST ME!!! March is a fanstastic time to come that way you can aclimatise a little bit.

Congrats again!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:34 am
hnr
Just Joined

hnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Weeeeee heeeeeee!

Congratulations!!
I am glad that London CIC is still sending out PPR request. I am waiting to receive the Brown Packet. Hoping to spend Christmas in Canada.

AOR Feb 2004
MED Aug 2005
AddDoc Aug 2005
MED Sent Sept 2005
AddDoc Sent Oct 2005
PPR Waiting
Christmas Canada??????

Last edited by hnr; Nov 26th 2005 at 6:42 am.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:53 am
Just Joined

RupesMandy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pleased for you but this means that every day I come home now I might just see the brown envelope (I assume it'll be brown). Just when I had gotten used to (see I'm picking up the lingo in preparation) not expecting it until the New Year.

Happy for you behind a sea of green eyed wonder!!!

Weeeeee heeeeeee!

Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:09 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Great stuff - when I got mine I felt like posting it every where.

Weeeeee heeeeeee!