Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Good grief!! med request arrived!!(35 days)

Good grief!! med request arrived!!(35 days)

Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:16 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

wotowoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good grief!! med request arrived!!(35 days)

Hi Guys. Got our first brown envelope with the maple leaf on today. It contained med requests, and requests for more information.

It also asked for right of permanent residancy fee which is fine.
It also asks for a current updated job offer, which i can understand, and also calls for further info from my future employer as to why they want to employ me, how i came by the job, and why i think i can do the job!!

I already have a positive AEO from HRSDC, so i'm a little baffled as to why they need this info, unless it's because of counterfeit hrsdc AEO's??

They have also asked for proof of relationship, to my brother who lives in Ontario, although i supplied a family tree, and also a copy of his birth certificate as asked in the application. So whats all that about??

This may sound strange, but because the med requests came so quickly, (35 days) i'm panicking that they are going to reject our application!!

Am i paranoid??

Or is this normal??

If someone can enlighten me, then that would be awesome!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good grief!! med request arrived!!(35 days)

It is not about fake AOE's - it is all about less than minimal AEO application requirements and HRSDC processing. All HRSDC checks is if the employer exists for at least 12 months, if there are other full time employees and if salary in job offer is in proper range - nothing more.

This is why visa posts are getting more and more sceptical about AEO's and as it is in their power to accept or reject it they do their own checking.

Relative in Canada - you must include more:

1. proof of relationship - set of birth certificates showing without any doubt claimed relationship. If it is your brother then your and his birth certificates must show at least one same parent.

2. proof of relative's status in Canada (PR Card or citizenship card or Canadian passport)

3. proof that relative lives in Canada - utility bills, employment or school record, driver license, and health card are the absolute minimum.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:18 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew,

Would they still be as thorough in checking AEO if applicant was already undertaking the job via LMO?

Could they still veto / discount it with regards to the PR application if they felt AEO was given improperly?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:19 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4
Andrew,

Would they still be as thorough in checking AEO if applicant was already undertaking the job via LMO?

Could they still veto / discount it with regards to the PR application if they felt AEO was given improperly?
I would say yes if they are unhappy with the AEO, then reject it, then it wouldn't count towards any points score in the PR.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:23 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

wotowoto is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi Andrew, thanks for you reply. After reading posts on here for the last few months, i feel honoured to have recieved info from you.
With regards to The AEO, i understand what you are saying about the minimal checks the HRSDC do, and cic want to check themselves. Hopefully all will be well, but who knows? I wonder why they have HRSDC at all?

As for proving my relationship to my brother, i have sent copies of our birth certificates in the application, as well as a copy of his PR card. it seems strange that they ask for it again, although if thats what they want, then i shall send it again.

Thanks again Andrew.