Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going from outland processing to inland?

Going from outland processing to inland?

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Going from outland processing to inland?

Hi Guys,

We applied for PR in 2009 (self employment route). 120 day documents were submitted in August last year and we are now in a holding patterns.

However, we have just applied and been provisionally accepted onto the IEC programme (we applied as it gets us at least one year out there, if not two- by which time we HOPE to have PR!!)

We are now looking to move on the IEC in Sept/Oct so, assuming we have not had our medical requests by then, we will need to update the CIC when we have our new Canadian address?

My main question is whether then our application stops being processed in London? If we have not had our medical requests, when they arrive will we be able to do them in Canada and submit them to London.

I can already see that this is going to be complicated- we are also getting married in Sept so passport name changes are going to cause us chaos as well!

As always, your advice and experience is greatly appreciated! x
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going from outland processing to inland?

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Hi Guys,

We applied for PR in 2009 (self employment route). 120 day documents were submitted in August last year and we are now in a holding patterns.

However, we have just applied and been provisionally accepted onto the IEC programme (we applied as it gets us at least one year out there, if not two- by which time we HOPE to have PR!!)

We are now looking to move on the IEC in Sept/Oct so, assuming we have not had our medical requests by then, we will need to update the CIC when we have our new Canadian address?

My main question is whether then our application stops being processed in London? If we have not had our medical requests, when they arrive will we be able to do them in Canada and submit them to London.

I can already see that this is going to be complicated- we are also getting married in Sept so passport name changes are going to cause us chaos as well!

As always, your advice and experience is greatly appreciated! x
you can have your medicals done in any country as long as they are on the approved list of dmps so having your medical done in canada wont be a problem.

You will have to update cic with your change of address. they are notoriously bad at managing this however, so I would advise that you have your mail forwarded to a relative in england in case cic continues to send mail to your old address - this has happened to me despite getting confirmation from cic that my address details on file had been updated.