Wikiposts

Going to Land in canada

Old May 5th 2008, 8:37 am
Just Joined

sparkymark is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Going to Land in canada

Hi there all,
I've visited this site a few times before and found it very helpful.
I have a few question to ask if any of you would be kind enough to help with?

I am Landing in Vancouver on the 14th May 2008, I have my permanent resident visa. I am only going to be in canada for 2 weeks. The reason for this is; the application for the PR has taken from start to finish 6 years, there is a story with this for why it took so long but I'll leave that for another time. Anyway back to it, I am just wanting to validate my PR as it will expire in sept so I thought I'd do it a little sooner than the closing date and also see if I want to make the decision to move out there and live as I am not so sure now with 6 years passing by.
I am a little concerned about what will happen when I leave after 2 weeks. I am not sure about the Pr card you have to apply for. Do you think if I gave an address of someone I know out there, that they would sent it to it even if I do not reside there?

I have may more questions but will leave it there for now.

Regards Mark
Old May 5th 2008, 10:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to Land in canada

Hi

Originally Posted by sparkymark
Hi there all,

I am Landing in Vancouver on the 14th May 2008, I have my permanent resident visa. I am only going to be in canada for 2 weeks. The reason for this is; the application for the PR has taken from start to finish 6 years, there is a story with this for why it took so long but I'll leave that for another time. Anyway back to it, I am just wanting to validate my PR as it will expire in sept so I thought I'd do it a little sooner than the closing date and also see if I want to make the decision to move out there and live as I am not so sure now with 6 years passing by.
I am a little concerned about what will happen when I leave after 2 weeks. I am not sure about the Pr card you have to apply for. Do you think if I gave an address of someone I know out there, that they would sent it to it even if I do not reside there?

Regards Mark
You can give a canadian address for the PR card, then have your friends, mail/courier to you.

PMM
Old May 5th 2008, 10:15 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkymark
Hi there all,

Regards Mark
We have family in Calgary and used their address. OH landed on a two week trip over Christmas 2005 and his PR card was sent to relatives address and they forwarded it on to him, no problem. We didnt move to Canada until end October 2007. Good luck
Old May 5th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

Hi SparkyMark,

How come it took them so long to grant pr, i'm sure once u visited for 2 weeks the buzz you once had to emigrate will return.

Just wish it was me with the pr, your at the advantage. I have the wp so have to be on my best behaviour.

Good luck with your plans.
Old May 5th 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

should read once you visit sorry,