Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going Canadian Prroute, can we extend partners stay with UK spouse visa.

Going Canadian Prroute, can we extend partners stay with UK spouse visa.

Old Mar 7th 2019, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Dan909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going Canadian Prroute, can we extend partners stay with UK spouse visa.

Hello,
I'm currently applying for the permanent residency in Canada. With help from this forum, I have completed alot and have just completed my medical.
We expect to hear a positive result within 6 months, and move from the UK to Canada around Christmas time. However, my partners UK visa expires in April.

We are currently going through the process to extend her visa via the UK spouse non marital route so we can remain together until Christmas.
I just wanted to ensure that this will not impact the Canadian applications 'proof of plans to move' to Canada if a UK 5 year route visa application is flagged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel
​​​​
Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Canadian Prroute, can we extend partners stay with UK spouse visa.

Originally Posted by Dan909
Hello,
I'm currently applying for the permanent residency in Canada. With help from this forum, I have completed alot and have just completed my medical.
We expect to hear a positive result within 6 months, and move from the UK to Canada around Christmas time. However, my partners UK visa expires in April.

We are currently going through the process to extend her visa via the UK spouse non marital route so we can remain together until Christmas.
I just wanted to ensure that this will not impact the Canadian applications 'proof of plans to move' to Canada if a UK 5 year route visa application is flagged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel
​​​​
Not a problem at all. If you've already had your medical done, then you should hopefully get PR much sooner than 6 months as you're a fair way along in the process.

Good luck!